Gmail and MSN...

Godly 1

Reaction score
Am I complete moron for not being able to figure this out on my own here...?
So EVERYONE says that using Gmail is better because it pushes instead of pulls, (better battery life and what not)... So I have a gmail account, and an MSN account. Honestly, I only have the gmail, because I have an Android. So the MSN is the go to account that I use for everything! But I can not adf it to the gmail app on the phone to get my emails pushed!!! So with gmail added to the stock email app on the phone here, everything is getting pulled!!!
... AAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHJ!!!

Thanks for any help!!!

Reaction score
The Gmail app is only compatible with Gmail accounts so you are right that you cannot add your msn account there. However, if you go to settings and accounts, then choose add account, you can add your msn there. I don't know what phone you have but there should be two options for adding another email. One icon is red and is basically like the outlook exchange. To my knowledge of you add your msn using that icon, you cannot get push and it will only pull. However, there should be another option called corporate and the icon is blue. If you set up yours account through that, it does have push notifications. When setting it up, the server needs to be m. Hotmail.com

Edit: just checked on my phone and I guess both options do allow push. Personally I use corporate sync for my msn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Ok! I will check that out. I posted quickly without much detail out of frustration... My bad...
So yeah, my MSN and gmail email accounts are both set up under the stock email app. I was just hoping to be able to set them both up under the gmail app. But dice that is not an option, I will check to see if there is a corporate option to get them to push... Thanks.
Oh! And I'm Rollin the Dinc 2! Unrooted. Stock battery. White. Ummm... No case... Love it though!

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Boy... Rough morning... Now I'm blanking on where the email options even are for the stock email app on the Dinc 2... I set the emails up when I first got the phone... And I think it was all just part of the wizard set up walk through... Do I need to delete these accounts, (gmail & MSN) and go though the set up again to try and set them both to push now instead of pull? Is there no way to adjust the options from the email app itself? When I open it and go to more, it just gives me the two options, to view accounts, or add account... And if I view account, then it just shows me the emails I have received in that account... Grrr

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
HA HA! Ok, so once I view an account, then individually on an account I am able to open up the settings I need to change!
... Ummm... So could anyone tell me what to change? It is set to POP now...
Thanks for all the help!