1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gmail and Hotmail/Pop3-Workmail through Mail Fetcher

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by eclsnowman, Mar 3, 2010.

1. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

Hey guys, I need a little advice. I was frustrated with our droids ability to use multiple pop3 email accounts at once. Sometime my emails would arrive hours after they were sent, which in business is unacceptable. Multiple pop3 accounts and gmail through activesync worked so smooth on my windows mobile Omnia i910.

I am now trying to use mail fetcher integrated in gmail. I like it ok, and it's polling interval is getting shorter all the time (since google automatically calculates how often it should do it). I setup the pop3 accounts to get Labeled as the email account they come in on and auto Archive. I Archive the mail because I do not like a common inbox. Call me old school or whatever but I like to keep my buisness and pleasure separated. Here is my question:

How do I have my phone notify me of new emails under my Archived Labels (ie other email accounts) so I don't have to check under the Labels manually all the time? Basically how do I get my droid to act more like my Omnia did?

If I can get this working my phone will be everything I always wanted. I appreciate any help you guys can provide.
  2. bastosero

bastosero New Member

This is not for the labeled e-mails but for regular e-mails. You might want to check the intervals on how often they check your inbox for new e-mails. The lowest one, I believe, is 15 minutes for the other e-mails. I'm not sure about the g-mail account. I'm not sure if that helps.
  3. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

Gmail mail fetcher pop3 update interval is working fine. My real question is now on my phone how can I automatically tell when a new email arrives from one of those other accounts (since it auto archives and hence doesn't show up in my inbox).
  4. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

Sorry to Bump but this is killing me. Anyone?
Search tags for this page

android mail fetcher

how often does hotmail check external pop
how often does hotmail refresh pop3 accounts

how often homail fetches email

how to i get email from mail fetcher to android

mail fetcher active sync
mail fetcher for samsung galaxy 3
make gmail check your pop accounts more frequently