Gmail adding all emails as contacts?

hacku

Reaction score
So I've been shopping for a DSLR camera these past couple of days and have been emailing a few people on Craigslist off my phone.

Last night I was going through my contacts when I noticed that all of the people I had emailed were automatically added as contacts.

Some of them were added as [email protected] and others that I replied to their emails were added with the name that was on the email when they replied.

I checked the settings and couldn't find anything along the lines of adding everyone I email as a contact.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've been shopping for a DSLR camera these past couple of days and have been emailing a few people on Craigslist off my phone.

Last night I was going through my contacts when I noticed that all of the people I had emailed were automatically added as contacts.

Some of them were added as [email protected] and others that I replied to their emails were added with the name that was on the email when they replied.

I checked the settings and couldn't find anything along the lines of adding everyone I email as a contact.

Has anyone else experienced this same problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks

Every time you send an email out, Gmail remembers it as a contact. Been that way forever, long before the Droid.

Easiest thing to do is just go through the contacts, check off the ones you don't want and delete them on line in your Gmail account.

They shouldn't be showing up on your phone as contacts. Only "My contacts' should show up on your phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can also go into contacts>>Menu>>display options check the display contacts with phone numbers only....