gmail accounts

memoself

Reaction score
I have two gmail accounts and can't delete either one. I guess thats OK but.... I use the short one and come to find out, when I bought an app it sent confirmation to the one I didn't want to use. how do I get my phone to default to the one I want??

OP
M

memoself

Reaction score
come on someone. I need help. what do I do to make it all sync to one gmail?

progressivehome

Reaction score
Gmail accounts....

I ended up having one of my gmail accounts set up on the phone that I didn't want. Did a full factory reset to remove it. It was easy, because the phone was only a day old, but if I had to do it again today it would be a bit more time consuming to set it all up right again.

808droid

Reaction score
When I got our DROID's yesterday I set up both phones (myself, spouses) with the same gmail account, which was my gmail account was a huge mistake.

Because it was set to sinc with all, email, contacts, calendar etc, whenever my wife would enter her contact info, I would get it too...it freaked me out, but then I figured out that all I had to do is reset the phone, but before doing so, I made sure I backed up all her contacts in a gmail format for export.

I created a gmail account for her, since she didn't have one, and imported all her contacts into her account. When I was finished reseting her phone, I logged her phone in with her new google account, and pressed sinc and walla...just like magic all her contacts returned, because after reseting the phone everything was lost.

That was a great learning curve for me...I'm glad I went through it since troubleshooting and fixing is my life..ha,ha....

As for the gmail problem I don't have an issue with it showing up on all my other gmail accounts. it may be just an issue of the number of gmail accounts listed on the phone.

J

JohnDroid

It is easy to remove a Gmail account, though a few steps.

Load up Gmail on your phone by clicking the Gmail icon.

Click the Menu button and select Accounts

Click the Account you wish to delete

You will see a list of your Gmail accounts, click the Menu button again, there is only one option, Account Settings

Scroll down to Manage Accounts

Click on the Account you wish to delete.

There should be a "Remove Account" choice.

Hope this helps.

B

bguild

Removing at least the default gmail account is not permitted on the droid because applications are linked to it. My understanding is that the only way to remove the default account on a droid is to do a hard reset. If anyone knows any different, please update the post.

lalea1860

Reaction score
I can not delete my default gmail account wither. I have however deleted it on my pc so it does not really exist. I am prompted to sign into it each time I try to sign into the market, and of course, I can not sign into the market. I hope I dont have to reset my phone!