GMail Account Names

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by snydergarym, Jul 2, 2011.

1. snydergarym

snydergarym New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive tried to find this answer and I hope it can be. I have numerous gmail accounts for different businesses that I run and different personal functions that all funnel down to my phone. When I add through the "EMAIL" function I can give them nicknames to sort, but doesnt handle contacts and calander as well if at all, when I enter all ym accounts in GMail app I get al my contacts and calander events perfect, but contacts added to the phone get sent to all my accounts at once and not specific accounts so I have to clean it up. Is there an app or feature that lets me give the accounts "nicknames" so that it doesnt show up as "Google" and I can clean them off the contacts as I enter them?

Thanks

2. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I've got a solution--ugly, but should work (running Gingerbread on the D1 btw):

(1) On the PC, go into each gmail account, and add your contacts to a group using the account nickname.

(2) Add/sync the accounts to the phone.

(3) On the phone, go to Contacts -> Menu -> Display options, and toggle OFF all the groups under each account.

(4) Next, go through each account one by one, and toggle ON the corresponding group, then edit the contacts as needed.

(5) Toggle all groups back ON again. :)

-Matt

Search tags for this page
awesome gmail names
best gmail account names

cool gmail account names

cool gmail names

cool names for gmail
cool names for gmail accounts

gmail account names suggestion

gmail name suggestions

good gmail account names