Gmail account isn't notifying my of new emails

berfles

Reaction score
It used to work fine and notify me within a few seconds of getting an email. Now it does nothing, and when I go into the Gmail app it says "Inbox(1)" and won't even show the new email. I have to go to All Mail to see the new one, why is it doing this all of a sudden?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have your gmail account polling other email accounts you have? This is the only time I've had this happen to me.

It seems that sometimes the Gmail polling does not work quite right and it is a few hours off. Depending on how many gmail emails you get it could be hidden so far down that you have to scroll a while to get there.

This is on a D1 however, I don't know how different the X2 is in regards to the "all mail" you speak of.

OP
B

berfles

Reaction score
Nope, it's only one account. It always worked instantly, or within a few minutes. Right now I know I only have one new one but it's not doing anything about it. No way to fix it? Maybe if I delete the account and re-add it or something.

EDIT: Hmm, I went into the options and unchecked all the sync options, then re-enabled them and it seems to be working again.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
This has been happening to me since launch. It's extremely annoying. I have to go in and manually refresh, then I see 10 new emails.

Really ticks me off...

OP
B

berfles

Reaction score
I could refresh manually and it STILL wouldn't show anything in my inbox, other than the number of new emails next to the tag in the upper left corner.

Turning the syncing on and off seemed to do the trick though, I've gotten notifications within a minute for the last 6 emails that came through.

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
It seriously makes me want to rage kick this phone. My OG never missed a single email unless sync was off. This is a major bug in Moto's piss poor builds...

I missed a court decision that was sent via email (regarding my daughter) because of this...

Would love to hear of a fix.

quiet1

Reaction score
This has happened to me before. It usually happens when I'm replying to an e mail and an email come into the same thread. I usually have to sign into gmail via website and it'll show me the unread email. No matter how many times u refresh or restart ur phone, it won't show.

myriad46

Reaction score
I fixed it with a factory reset. I wanted to clean things out anyway. I tried clearing cache, unsyncing email then resyncing, clearing data and cache of GMAIL. Nothing. Factory reset and it's working like a charm.

OP
B

berfles

Reaction score
Huh, mine is still working fine after simply unsyncing and resyncing.

*shrugs*

myriad46

Reaction score
Update: I was fine for more than a week. After getting the email about the Soak being delayed, I decided to root and Supercharge again to make the phone bareable (hard to go back to stock). As soon as I rooted, I immediately went back to having problems with emails syncing. Something in the rooting process must be screwing it up.