1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Global or Not?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by jcvargas524, Nov 10, 2011.

1. jcvargas524

jcvargas524 New Member

hey guys im from venezuela but im going to florida for the holydays, can i buy this phone and use it in venezuela? i see it has the gsm bands i need, and also some web pages are selling the unlock codes for about 30$, but now i red some articles denying this, saying that its not a global phone and that the gsm bands are turned off by firmware.. i was planing buying it on contract and unlocking it because im a usa resident but i spend too much time in venezuela and here they are all ready on pre order for the mere sume of 1200$ i know i can get it for 679$ on negri electronics but like i said i was planing on getting it on a 2 year contract on verizon.. please somebody answer! thanks! sorry for my ugly english..
  2. bjorn65

bjorn65 New Member

it is global according to Motorola, however you can order the xt910 which does not support LTE. The xt912 comes with global turned off and locked. Verizon has to unlocked it and they don't know how to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  3. jkaod

jkaod Active Member

Maybe yes, maybe no. Lots of questions about "global" capabilities right now. Some at Moto saying it is, others saying it is not. I'd wait a bit and see for sure.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 global ready