1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Glitchy touch screen on Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NitroDroidz, Aug 25, 2011.

1. NitroDroidz

NitroDroidz New Member

No matter what custom Rom i flash I have a glitchy touch screen i cant control. The screen will move on its own. Ill select an app and a different one will open. If no one cant help with this issue does anyone know how i can unroot go back to a stock recovery so i can get a new ota update?
  2. dlo-htown

dlo-htown New Member

The problem you're having has been happening to a LOT of D1 users. It's nothing to do with the fact that you rooted/ROM'd your phone. It's the screen interface itself... the Android OS is picking up bogus interrupts from the screen interface, making it think it is receiving touch inputs. The problem seems to be aggravated by heat as well... so if you're overclocking, you might consider reining in your CPU a little... but it may act glitchy when you're charging it too, so you slowing down the CPU won't totally eliminate the problem.

Mine started doing this even before I rooted... it's a hardware issue not a software issue.

These D1's are just dying. :)
  3. NitroDroidz

NitroDroidz New Member

LOL... ok thank you. ive noticed the problem a lot after or during work when the phone is in my pocket all day, hot and a bit sweaty. thanks have to keep it cool :greendroid:
Search tags for this page
android screen glitchy
android screen is glitchy

droid glitchy touch screen

motorola droid glitchy

my motorola touch screen is glitchy

touch screen on android phone is glitchy
why does my droid bionic have a glitchy touch screen