Glitchy screen on .232

Reaction score
Update was working fine till today, my screen is glitching or jumping slightly, like you would see when your video card started screwing up in your PC or if your cable signal was off a little bit on your TV... Anyways, thought I would make note of this if the dev's are watching or if anybody else is having this issue... Have tried to restart my phone several times, it is still there, will probably clear my cache next...

Oldcrow

Reaction score
Glitchy Screen

I had this happen too. I cleared cache and haven't seen it since.

Maybe someone was just hacking into your Matrix?

brunla

Reaction score
How does one clear the cache? I know how to do it on the browsers, but I assume this is a more complete clearing. My stock 905 and very laggy here for last few weeks. Detailed instructions would help!

Oldcrow

Reaction score
Are you rooted? That's where I clear the cache, I reboot into recovery and one of the options there is to "wipe cache partition".

Make sure you back up from within the recovery system before you do ANYTHING.

brunla

Reaction score
No stock here. Not rooted.

Are you rooted? That's where I clear the cache, I reboot into recovery and one of the options there is to "wipe cache partition".

Make sure you back up from within the recovery system before you do ANYTHING.

Oldcrow

Reaction score
How are you both stock and on .232? "Stock" means the software that originally came with the unit.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Oldcrow said:
How are you both stock and on .232? "Stock" means the software that originally came with the unit.

No. Actually, unless you use OTA rootkeeper to save/restore root you will loose it after the update. He probably means he's running 232 with no root. Which, in his case means stock.

Sent from my iced Bionic

brunla

Reaction score
I've never messed with my phone. Never rooted and on original 905 software.

No. Actually, unless you use OTA rootkeeper to save/restore root you will loose it after the update. He probably means he's running 232 with no root. Which, in his case means stock.

Sent from my iced Bionic

Oldcrow

Reaction score
We must have different definitions of "Stock". I take it to mean unmodified from the manufacturer - as in any product that is "Stocked" by a vendor.

And it's "lose" root. "Loose" means not tight.

brunla

Reaction score
OMG Am I speaking a different language? I have said three times I am on STOCK 905. LOL

We must have different definitions of "Stock". I take it to mean unmodified from the manufacturer - as in any product that is "Stocked" by a vendor.

And it's "lose" root. "Loose" means not tight.

Oldcrow

Reaction score
Sorry, I thought you were in the same boat as the OP since you were replying to the thread, of which the subject is Glitchy screens on .235.

bbucks36

Reaction score
OMG Am I speaking a different language? I have said three times I am on STOCK 905. LOL

if you're stock .905 why are you replying or asking a qestion to a post that has glitchy screen..232 on it? does help OP .

btw just flashed to .232 (knowing anyday OTA ICS is coming out) have not had that issue since flash 3 days ago... but was having it with .2233. the reason for the flash..could be bump in cpu? IDK

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
Okay, cleared the cache and that helped with the screen glitch, weird though... Thought I would update everyone, sorry it took do long, had to sleep.. :p

OP
redspawnsilver
Reaction score
bbucks36 said:
if you're stock .905 why are you replying or asking a qestion to a post that has glitchy screen..232 on it? does help OP .

btw just flashed to .232 (knowing anyday OTA ICS is coming out) have not had that issue since flash 3 days ago... but was having it with .2233. the reason for the flash..could be bump in cpu? IDK

I was thinking the same thing about the CPU bump as that stuff also happens when you overclock a CPU, but clearing the cache helped, Soooo maybe I just had something bogging it down in memory...