"glitchy" phone???

DebDroid

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I really love my Motorola Droid. I was one of the crazy people that got up early on 11/6/09 to get my phone. LOL I have noticed my phone seems kinda "glitchy" and just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experiences?

Forgive me for not being very techy......
at the unlock screen, I swiped it to the left to turn the sound off and then could not get the sound to turn back up. I tried the menu screens, the side buttons but was unable to get the sound back (the ringtones were very faint). I turned the phone off and the sound returned.

Today I was making a call to my bank (automated, needed dial pad during call). I put the phone to my ear and then put the phone down to punch in my acct # and the screen would not turn back on. I could not hang the phone up, dial....nothing. I could hear the automated voice asking for my bank info etc. I tried calling the phone with another phone but that didn't help (the phone would NOT turn off). I also tried turning the phone on and off but it did not work. Finally, I had to take off the stupid clam shell (which was frustrating to say the least LOL) and take the battery out.

I am really glad I didn't get rid of my old phone as I'm not sure if I can really rely on this one. :( Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? Is there anything else I can do? I don't want to give up my Droid!!!!!

Last edited:

RosarioM

Reaction score
I would take the phone back to the store if I were you. Some of these issues sound like you have a bad phone... You better do it before the 30 days are up...

soyboy

Reaction score
My phone has been very stable. I did have the same situation once with a call where the screen did not come back on, I simply pushed the on off button and the screen came right on. I knew this phone/operating system would have some glitches as it is new, so I have actually been happy with how stable it has been. The iphone went through many of these types of wrinkles when it came out too. At least with my experience with the phone I don't think these are a big deal and a couple of upcoming firmware updates will likely go a long way to eliminating any hassles. That said, I would not blame you for returning it for another phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just wanted to say I really love my Motorola Droid. I was one of the crazy people that got up early on 11/6/09 to get my phone. LOL I have noticed my phone seems kinda "glitchy" and just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experiences?

Forgive me for not being very techy......
at the unlock screen, I swiped it to the left to turn the sound off and then could not get the sound to turn back up. I tried the menu screens, the side buttons but was unable to get the sound back (the ringtones were very faint). I turned the phone off and the sound returned.

Today I was making a call to my bank (automated, needed dial pad during call). I put the phone to my ear and then put the phone down to punch in my acct # and the screen would not turn back on. I could not hang the phone up, dial....nothing. I could hear the automated voice asking for my bank info etc. I tried calling the phone with another phone but that didn't help (the phone would NOT turn off). I also tried turning the phone on and off but it did not work. Finally, I had to take off the stupid clam shell (which was frustrating to say the least LOL) and take the battery out.

I am really glad I didn't get rid of my old phone as I'm not sure if I can really rely on this one. :( Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? Is there anything else I can do? I don't want to give up my Droid!!!!!

I had some fun experimenting with the phone. Apparently the phone works with the light sensor? I took the phone to my ear and the screen turns off, but when i took it away from my ear, the screen came back on, with about a second of lag. It's really cool actually, now I don't have to worry about automatically pushing button with my face, lol.

I only THINK that's how it works, not 100% sure. I don't really use this phone for calls much yet, still got another line on AT&T open til the end of the month, so that's my main still.

And the phone is going to receive a major OS update on Dec. 11th. Hopefully it fixes that problem. I haven't had anything funny happen with my phone at all yet...

edit: Oh yeah, and when it was off my ear I put it on speaker and the screen stayed on the whole time. I was setting up my voicemail.