GLD's Method for a Clean Install and Restore Using Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by GirLuvsDroid, Jan 5, 2011.

1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've added a note to the OP relating to restoring Froyo apps and data to Gingerbread.

2. humbleopus

humbleopus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please help!

i have used Ti Pro to back up the data. However, when I go into ROM Manager Pro to create a backup, it won't reboot into recovery and create the backup. I have cleared the Dalvik cache, cleared the cache in ROM Manager; fixed permissions; and reloaded busybox.

I've tried a hard battery pull to then go into recovery with holding the "X" while booting, but it bootloops then goes into launch.

I would love to PEGB5 but not having any luck.

3. jbulluck

jbulluck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stuck and need some advice please!

Ok I am really confused on what to do from here and ask if anyone has had success yet with TiBu coming from PEv4.2 (Froyo ROM) and I just flashed PEv5.0.1 (GB ROM)...I attached a pic as to where im at currently, this is right after flashing the ROM and opening TiBu for the first time...please has anyone had success with TiBu restoring from this point??

I havent used TiBu in a while do to the problems as noted in GLDs OP and I want to give this another shot, I just dont know where to go from here and if it is possible to restore my call log, SMS, etc. with using TiBu??

If its not possible yet then I'll just give up, reboot, and login to Google...hopefully someone knows and will provide sorta a step by step for me. Thanks

4. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    For what it's worth:

I stopped using Titanium a while ago to restore stuff like call logs, SMS, MMS, etc.

I use My Backup Pro for that. I still use Titanium for apps but when it comes to data like the stuff above My backup Pro is great.

5. jbulluck

jbulluck Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is good info, thanks for responding! I am hoping there is something that can be done with TiBu but I am not finding anything which prompted my plea for help.

6. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    Your welcome. Someone actually recommended My Backup Pro over Titanium. My Backup Pro has it's advantages but it can't force to same location and what not. Which is why I still use Titanium to restore apps.

But I used to have some issues with restoring stuff like SMSs on Titanium. One of them was this one text would re send out to a friend of mine. Which when you ROM hop a lot isn't all that great LOL.

Haven't had that with My Backup Pro.

7. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Current Phone Model:
    NEXUS 6
    I just wanted to say that I've been having some decent success with restoring stuff on Titanium in GB ROMs by using the version of busybox they want.

Most of my issues with GB and app restoring seems to be gone if I do that.

8. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    That's really good information. Thank you!

9. giant25

giant25 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    Has anyone used this guide to go from GB back to Froyo? I'm trying to do so right now and it appears that the "Contacts/Calls" green-colored backup is causing an android.process.acore error. I searched around and found that it has something to do with sync and contacts. I cleared the contact storage and turned sync off, then restored the TiBu of my Contacts/Calls, but that still didn't work. I'm really just trying to get my call logs, the contacts will update through google. Any advice?

10. GirLuvsDroid

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe that the call log is in the green item [SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage, so try restoring just that and rebooting. I don't know for certain that this will work going from GB to Froyo because I haven't done that, but it's worth a try.

11. Lenster

Lenster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried GLD's method going from one GB rom to another and it works flawlessly.
    But when I tried to use the method to go from a GB rom to a Froyo rom, after restoring, I was getting FCs all over the place.

Len

12. martytoo

martytoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you leave out some of the system restore items it will work. Experiment until you have success.

Search tags for this page

android clean install

clean android then restore

clean restore titanium backup

how to backup stock rom using titanium backup

install titanium backup in recovery

is clockworkmod recovery better than titanium restore?

problems restoring google from titanium pro backup

titanium backup install method

titanium recover method

you received this email because you are a member of the liquid sky beta testing community