Glass screen protector

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Will a glass screen work well with this phone since it is slightly curved? If so, does anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my Verizon G4

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've bought TechArmor glass screen protectors for multiple devices and am completely happy with the product. They have one for the G4: http://www.amazon.com/Tech-Armor-Pr...pebp=1436330554851&perid=0AVBQA50RGVE4WEKVJVK

Also, their customer service can't be beat. Any problems you have from install to cracks, they'll replace it for free. For cracks they do ask for a picture of the screen protector though, once they've verified it, they send a replacement unit out and usually arrives pretty quickly. I got my replacements within 3 business days.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I purchased the tempered glass screen protector that VZW sells - it installs easily and covers the entire screen (you can't even tell that you have one on there)...

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Tech Armor, just wasn't sure if the curved screen would be an issue

Sent from my Verizon G4

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've also had great results with my Verizon brand tempered glass screen protector.

S5 tap'n

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Tech Armor FTW!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I was thinking about the Tech Armor, just wasn't sure if the curved screen would be an issue

Sent from my Verizon G4
Since is custom made, maybe the projector has a slight curve as well? Wouldn't know though, I don't own any curved devices

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Screen arrived damaged :-/ Contacted customer service via email this morning. We shall see just how good they are lol

Sent from my Verizon G4

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Screen arrived damaged :-/ Contacted customer service via email this morning. We shall see just how good they are lol

Sent from my Verizon G4
Sorry to hear. They do have very good customer service. They've sent me replacements and samples for giveaways in the past.

Sent from my Xperia Z3

Reactions: cr6

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They'll probably get back to you Monday and send you one out that day. Their customer service is top notch.

They'll most likely ask you for a picture of it so you may want to take a pic of it now.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm using the tempered glass screen protector from Yootech on my G4. Very easy application, and it fits perfectly. No issues with the curve of the screen. And since the edges of the screen don't slope, it fits flush on the edges. On my Note 4, the tempered glass screen protector was slightly raised on the edges because of the slope of the screen, allowing dirt and dust to accumulate. No problems with the G4 on that front.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
They'll probably get back to you Monday and send you one out that day. Their customer service is top notch.

They'll most likely ask you for a picture of it so you may want to take a pic of it now.
I attached a picture to the email ☺

Sent from my Verizon G4

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm using the tempered glass screen protector from Yootech on my G4. Very easy application, and it fits perfectly. No issues with the curve of the screen. And since the edges of the screen don't slope, it fits flush on the edges. On my Note 4, the tempered glass screen protector was slightly raised on the edges because of the slope of the screen, allowing dirt and dust to accumulate. No problems with the G4 on that front.
I noticed the screen is going to be edge-to-edge and I'm excited for that again. It was annoying to have a halo around the sides of my Note 4. Now I'm just concerned if the case is going to get in the way of the screen

Sent from my Verizon G4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I noticed the screen is going to be edge-to-edge and I'm excited for that again. It was annoying to have a halo around the sides of my Note 4. Now I'm just concerned if the case is going to get in the way of the screen

Sent from my Verizon G4

I'm using the Spigen Air Cushion Slim Armor case, and it doesn't get in the way of the screen protector at all. In fact, leaving the case on made applying the screen protector easier since it fit inside the edges of the case and lined it up perfectly.