Glass Half Empty Thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchakmak

Reaction score
So December 8th is next week and still no word. Wouldn't we have heard something by now from Big Red?? They will be running an ad campaign for this phone right? They wouldn't just release it without any type of advertising right? Is this date 12/8 date gonna hold water or am I right in having this "glass half empty thinking"??!!!:furious::furious::furious::crying::crying::crying:

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think you are on the half empty side.... we are talking about this in the Pre-Release thread, so no need for a new thread about it.

Oh and here was my thoughts from the other conversation and someone said that even the Rezound had a release announcement 2 weeks before it dropped:

I think is tough to make a comparison just because things with a Nexus device just don't happen the same was as a typical VZW device. The announcement for the Rezound that you are talking about was during the promo event by HTC, right? That already throws a wrench into the works because the OEM got to announce the launch date, but in this case the carrier wanted to be stingy and wouldn't let Google say anything about it. I don't know that I have ever seen VZW actually "announce" a launch date on their own, it seems like it has always been that they finally set one, it leaks far enough down that people let it slip out and the community gets a pretty good idea of when it's coming and then 2 or 3 days before the actual drop we might see 1 or 2 commercials with a date on them. I remember there were commerials with a release date on them for the bionic 3-4 days before it dropped and people were still on here questioning if it would really release on that date or not and VZW store reps were saying they couldn't confirm the date on the commercial.

Continued in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...al-df-galaxy-nexus-pre-release-thread-40.html

Status
Not open for further replies.