Glad to find you!

sighrus

Reaction score
I am getting my new Droid tomorrow and am looking to personalizing it and maybe some recommendations for apps. Plan on using this as media player, music and movies, web browsing, plus normal phone stuff calls, texting, IMing, and email. I saw a 3D Cube home screen that looks really sweet, GDE? I Got the Swype demo here and was wondering what other apps will improve usage and function?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am getting my new Droid tomorrow and am looking to personalizing it and maybe some recommendations for apps. Plan on using this as media player, music and movies, web browsing, plus normal phone stuff calls, texting, IMing, and email. I saw a 3D Cube home screen that looks really sweet, GDE? I Got the Swype demo here and was wondering what other apps will improve usage and function?

Welcome, sighrus! You've made a wise decision and you won't be disappointed in your choice when you finally get your hands on that Droid! The possibilities are endless for customization. So to take up some time (waiting is a drag), read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum! Here's a good one about app recommendations.

Forget the top 5, list ALL of your apps

Hope tomorrow arrives SOON! Enjoy!

:welcome:

OP
sighrus

sighrus

Reaction score
Appreciate the response.

Thanks, Iv'e been reading as much as possible this last week and found a ton of great info. Think I'm gonna try out the newest Smoked Glass 6.1. I found a great tutorial here and it looks pretty straightfoward I'm downloading all the necessary files right now! Thanks for the great welcome and the recommendation. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!:icon_ banana: