Gizmodo Review

gtofan350

Reaction score
I figured Gizmodo was just nit picking the camera while I was reading the article but after looking at those pix and watching those vids, it's not looking good.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow that was actually a really surprising and honest review from Gizmodo.

The camera seems to be the achille's heel of the phone, but to be honest I don't expect to much, I'm more than happy with my Inc camera. The one of the Nexus is supposed to be lag-free too, so that's even better for me. If I want a quick pic with my Incredible I say forget it cause by the camera is ready to go, the moment has already passed.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I saw other reviews where they had better sample pictures . I don't know if they got an older revision of the software on that phone or it's just that the after-processing power was limited to achieve the zero shutter lag . This might be fixable with software , I tried my level 0.1 Photoshop skills on one of the sample pictures and just by adjusting the levels and nothing else here's the result :

The original sample taken with the S2 and the revised sample taken with the Nexus , you tell me which is which

gnex.jpg

s2.jpg

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Camera looks like it's washing out the colors with the flash. I'm curious how much we can improve the results once we tweak the camera settings.

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Pic #2 is G-Nex.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's easy to see which is the Nexus because the angle is different, but I think the point was by just adjusting light levels you can improve the image dramatically, which often means a software tweak can remedy the issue.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Two out of three people got it wrong , first one is the Nexus and second G2 . Hmm , there is still hope for this camera if the software is tweaked .
I was also thinking that maybe they washed out the colors intentionally so they will look good on the increased contrast of the AMOLED screen .

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't be worse the bionic camera.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Camera aside, they took some awesome shots of the Nexus itself, looks beautiful.

Also, anyone else notice how much more viewable the screen was in direct sunlight vs the Rezound?

Looks promising.

View attachment 43109

Last edited:

haproot

Reaction score
That was wierd, it looked like the guy ate some greasy food then smudged it on the lens of the gnex, then proceeded to do his review footage....