1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Giving her the root tonight. (get your mind out of the gutter...)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by leland_7, Dec 18, 2012.

1. leland_7

leland_7 New Member

[h=2]I would greatly appreciate some quick guidance here. I can follow directions so I think I'll be good to go. I run a business and I simply cannot stay on top of this stuff as I would like.[/h]
    1. Is the Charge even worth the time to root/rom? Should I rather look at purchasing a different phone first?

2. If I should keep it, just follow the above sticky for "How to ROOT your Droid Charge?" Is there a better, more update way?

3. Should I install Odin as well?

4. I simply do not have the time to try various ROM's. At least not at this time. So I would ask, I know it's personal preference; however, is there a "most popular" ROM I should just go with?

5. Primarily, my reasons for rooting are:
    • Increased batter life (I already have the extended battery)
    • I have an unlimited plan and would like to implement a hotspot for free. (Suggestions here?)
    • Performance (which version of Android would you suggest?)
    Again, I am very grateful for any help.​
  2. leland_7

leland_7 New Member

Great. That sounds good. -_-
  3. leland_7

leland_7 New Member

If it were me, I'd stay with the Charge. Great phone dude!

Yay... :/
  4. leland_7

leland_7 New Member

Pretty bad when you reply to your own thread.
  5. WillisD

WillisD New Member

I haven't really messed with the charge, but yes I would keep odin handy. Samsung had bad battery life on those phones, I myself have an og droid rocking cm7 or I use steel droid. Odin is a lifesaver and keep the stock system on your cpu for just in case purposes