Given up on the Pro?

jturner3988

Reaction score
Is everyone given up on the Pro. It just appears we don't have as many users posting info in this Forum as there was 6 months ago.

What's next?

Are we going to see a Pro 2 or not?

With the addition of all these new fancy phones are there alot of us remaining loyal to the pro?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Astaroth

Reaction score
At this point I am so frustrated with the problems brought on by the GB update that I want to just roll back to FroYo and ride out my contract until I can get a phone that's actually supported by its manufacturer.

theory87

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are disenchanted with the lack of support the phone's received from Motorola. They're too busy launching a new superphone every three days to maintain their existing products. The GB update didn't fix some bugs that had been lingering since launch, and it introduced some new, fairly severe issues. I'm done with Motorola, and honestly, I might be done with Android, too.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm surprised there hasn't been a successor announced. Sprint has some pro like phones out but no updates in specs.

I think a lot of people are disenchanted with the lack of support the phone's received from Motorola. They're too busy launching a new superphone every three days to maintain their existing products. The GB update didn't fix some bugs that had been lingering since launch, and it introduced some new, fairly severe issues. I'm done with Motorola, and honestly, I might be done with Android, too.

What issues are you having? Mom gas one and hasn't complained about anything yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
jturner3988

jturner3988

Reaction score
I can agree with both of you. I loved my pro a month ago and then came gingerbread. We can only hope that Motorola decides to provide us a bug fix update and the major issue I need fixed is my keyboard light.

I am eligible for a early upgrade but just can seem to find a phone that is right for me. I am going to stick it out a little while longer and hope for the best.

Skates12

Reaction score
I came over from a Blackberry in mid-June and although my Pro had some bugs, I figured it was about 75/25 what I gained vs what I lost - pretty good odds.

Then GB killed my battery and has me way over my normal data level because it was churning about 200mg/a day rather than my average 50mg/day. Those issues lasted two weeks before I was finally able to shut that off. My battery lasts about 9 hours now & standby charge couldn't be better.

My biggest issue now is the k/b backlight. I have to turn the Pro toward the TV or a window to get the #$%~& backlight to come on. Ironically, it won't come on in the dark at all.

But generally, I'm still happy with it and don't plan to make any changes in the near future.

Astaroth

Reaction score
Keyboard backlight, random switching to Global mode, and random blinking of the notification LED are the most serious issues. They annoy me on a daily basis.

rbtnt

Reaction score
I am about done with my pro too. The keyboard light is a major problem for me and is getting worse with daylight getting shorter.

Too many problems and no one to set expectations of when or if we will see some fixes.

hal83

Reaction score
Wow I've never had really any major problems with my droid pro. It's on Gingerbread right now and there were no update issues and my phone runs great.

I wouldn't stick with the droid pro forever... specs are outdated in this era. I think I'll keep it for a few more months at least (I've only had it for almost 6 months!), get some good use out of it, and upgrade when Samsung or HTC or maybe Motorola comes out with a portrait keyboard phone with above average specs.

Sometimes it's annoying when I'm texting or emailing all day on the thing and it starts to feel top heavy and a bit awkward. And the keyboard to screen ratio was a good try, but overall I don't care about a big screen. Soft keys need to go.

So yes, when someone makes a better phone (I've been looking at the Samsung M Pro and hoping they come out with a Samsung "S" or "R" Pro) I'll be selling my Droid Pro hopefully. It's been good to me though.

You guys heard of the new Motorola Admiral?

badcat

Reaction score
Is everyone given up on the Pro. It just appears we don't have as many users posting info in this Forum as there was 6 months ago.

What's next?

Are we going to see a Pro 2 or not?

With the addition of all these new fancy phones are there alot of us remaining loyal to the pro?

I'm not giving up on it yet. GB was/is a bad experience and I too am less than thrilled with Moto's lack of support for the phone. A hard reset did fix most of my GB related problems but I still have the flaky keyboard backlight. What I do when it goes out is just use the power button to turn off the display and then turn it back on and the keyboard backlight will work normally (whatever that is :biggrin:). I'm going to stick it out until I can upgrade I suppose. I like the physical keyboard and in reality the phone does everything I need a phone to do. I had an HTC EVO prior to this phone and while I liked the phone, I had issues with Sprints cell service and quite frankly the EVO was overkill for what I need a phone to do. I was always happy with Blackberrys and would consider going back to one if they ever improve the OS and the browser. Blackberry's integration with Exchange/Outlook worked well for me. Syncing Android with Outlook is a kludge at best and can be frustrating to implement. I (as others have stated) will NEVER buy an iPhone. EVER. :p

Timar99

Reaction score
when I contacted motorola support on an issue...I brought up the keyboard light issue thinking he had heard that several times & maybe had a fix in place....completely clueless saying he had never heard of the issue!?

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Still loving mine. I might ditch it for a Pro+, but I won't be too sad if that doesn't happen.

google123

Reaction score
I have not used my Pro since the volume buttons on it don't work and I am unable to flash CM7 back on it or even factory reset the stock 3.8.7 SBF that is on it.