Given an opportunity to get a SGN

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So I was approached from a family member asking if I'd like to use their upgrade to get a galaxy nexus.

At this point I have a Droid incredible 2, and I was kinda saving my pennies for something else.

Was just wondering how many of you given the chance would or wouldn't get a galaxy nexus again.

We don't have 4G here yet, So I'd be really trading in to a little bit bigger screen and Android 4.0

So why or why not.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Honestly, I traded my Nexus for the Rezound. It was a nice device but it didn't live up to the hype, for me anyway. If I was u I would hold off a bit longer to see the next wave of phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
This is totally a personal question. Do you think it would be worth it for you? Personally I think I would choose it over any other device on any other network, but picking a phone is mostly about personal preference.

What does the GN offer that your DInc2 doesn't? Larger screen, more resolution, ICS (although I think the DInc2 will get this soon), NFC, LTE, MHL (I am not sure if the DInc2 offers MHL/HDMI output)......etc

Is that worth the amount of money you will be paying for it to you? If not perhaps a different device would be better suited, maybe even one that isn't out yet. The Nexus isn't for everyone, and it certainly isn't without it's problems. But no LTE device on Verizon is.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
The DINC2 won't be getting ICS and has no HDMI out. Which I don't use anyway. I would pretty much be switching to a phone with a .5 inch bigger screen and android 4.0..and LTE in the future

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I can honestly say that i would pick the SGN over anything else the market offers today. I don't see any other bloartwareless unlock-able devices coming to Verizon anytime soon... not to worried about quad cores as it will take awhile for applications to catch up as even duel cores are not near maximized yet.

prowler85

Reaction score
I would say it really depends on the importance of the $200 that it would cost you. If you can afford the $200 easily, then I would say yes, it is worth it. The GN is by far the best phone I've personally ever owned and most here I think would agree (for those that have not had issues). The fact that there is and will be even more dev support ensures that this phone will easily last the two years of a contract, and my guess is it would last 4-5 years (if you could hold out and not upgrade, which for me is close to impossible).

But if the $200 is hard to come by or has more importance than a phone, it doesn't sound like you will reap a lot of the benefits of an upgrade (LTE being one of the biggest).

So to me, that is your decision - the relative importance of that $200 you would spend.

hydro556

Reaction score
Spend some time with the Rezound and the Nexus. They are both excellent. I did, and I ended up choosing the Nexus.

Much more modern and better looking. The screen on the Nexus is just unreal, and the build quality really is impressive. 4.0 is great, but whatever.

There is much more to the Nexus than you are mentioning. Try it out, you will see.

What316

Reaction score
No 4G here either, but I would get the nexus again if I had to. It is simply awesome. ICS is great too, and this phone was built for it. Sure other phones will get ICS update, But it just wouldn't be the same. In my opinion anyways. Plus you already have hell of a lot of ROMS, kernels, etc to play with.

And the ability to change/theme the on screen captivate buttons is the cherry on top lol. But in the end, its obviously a personal choice.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would say it really depends on the importance of the $200 that it would cost you. If you can afford the $200 easily, then I would say yes, it is worth it. The GN is by far the best phone I've personally ever owned and most here I think would agree (for those that have not had issues). The fact that there is and will be even more dev support ensures that this phone will easily last the two years of a contract, and my guess is it would last 4-5 years (if you could hold out and not upgrade, which for me is close to impossible).

But if the $200 is hard to come by or has more importance than a phone, it doesn't sound like you will reap a lot of the benefits of an upgrade (LTE being one of the biggest).

So to me, that is your decision - the relative importance of that $200 you would spend.
100% agree here.

Though honestly you should head to the store and check it out first. Even though you're not in a 4g area, you're still getting a great phone.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
coming from a D1 it was a no brainer :D

This

The phone is truly a beast. My girl has a Dinc2 (very solid phone) and she is INCREDIBLY jealous of my GN. She wants me to get her one...yeah right. She just got her Dinc 3 months ago. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk