Girlfriends phone broke screen *no display just touch* moto defy

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jim2244, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jim2244

jim2244 New Member

Anyone able to help me out with trying to fix it, this happened to my original droid and i had given up hope but she didnt have the money for a new phone, is there a fairly simple way to repair it or anything like that? any help at all or info on what happened would be greatly appreciated :) thank you in advanced
    -Jim
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

You can Google for repair places for the phone, but it is going to cost money to fix it. Might spend the same money or less on
    Amazon, Ebay, or Craigs List for a replacement. Then take the replacement to Verizon and have the Number ported to new phone along with the SD card.
  3. jim2244

jim2244 New Member

yeah thats why i was thinking i should just buy the replacement screen or if wires broke loose inside or something so i can just maybe have a little solder n that would be easy but it nvr works like that, but i mean the screen still has lights and if i let it boot and wait u can unlock and all just not have any display
  4. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

Well, maybe I do not understand the problem. When you say "broke screen", I think a cracked screen, as in shattered or cracked. If that is not the case, then there might other alternatives. So, what is the scoop, cracked/shattered screen or the screen is in tact just nothing shows up on it?

If that is the case, then you may be able to hook it to a computer and flash the Stock ROM back to get it going. Let me know.
  5. jim2244

jim2244 New Member

hmmm alright good idea lol i dunno why i didnt think of that i guess i nvr really put software problems into physically damaging the phone ill try that out and let you know
  6. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

AH ha! I hope that works. That is why we have the forums, to get another set of eyes.
  7. jim2244

jim2244 New Member

very very true lol but sadly she was returning it since the associate at tmobile said they are returning them all and giving new ones woo =p
  8. jim2244

jim2244 New Member

very very true lol but sadly she was returning it since the associate at tmobile said they are returning them all and giving new ones woo =p
Search tags for this page

droid no display

motorola defy no screen

motorola droid a866 screen no display
net girlfriends phonenumber