Girlfriend tapped all texts on my droid x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
dude just do a factory reset on your phone. She has installed a 3rd party spyware app on your phone that will not show up in your apps by default.

captain howdy

Reaction score
It could be a program called tinkerspy. It will also allow her to turn on the Mic and listen to you. I also reccomend a factory reset and just get new email account.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
J

Jon25Z

Reaction score
@snow02 yes she showed me the email on her droid. She has two gmail accounts.

I just changed my passwords and sec questions.

Batterys runnin in the orange. Ffffuuuu.

Before it dies and I don't get back. I appreciate everyones help. Honestly.

How could I "expunge" something like a spy app off my phone?

I can't change my verizon password. Im on my dad and stepmothers acct.
I suspect my stepmother but my gf said she had nothing to do with it..

Sigh..

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
do a factory reset as soon as you get your battery charged. then set a screen lock on your phone so she can't reinstall.

meaker

Reaction score
I'm going to say she put SMS backup in your phone. Had it set on a schedule and sent to her email. Then right before she came with the list she took the app off.. I haven't check but it goes by number instead of name which is why it would stick the different name texts with the real name ones..

You need to work on getting out of this relationship as soon as you can.. It's only goung to get worse.......

Enter

Reaction score
People shouldn't really be commenting on the relationship aspect of your post. It is none of their business and last I checked this wasn't a place for that kind of stuff. There are plenty of apps that back up messages directly to email but don't really display it properly. My best guess is that she downloaded SMS back up, which displays it in a .xml file as well as the contact and number, then emailed it to herself on your phone or signed into her account and sent it to herself or took the long route and connected via usb then stored the file on her computer, paranoid that you might see it she emailed herself a copy from her computer. As for the legality of the situation, there is nothing you can do

saul1991

Reaction score
Haha looks like she has on a check bro.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

illmatic636

Reaction score
the reason he put his info out here was to get feedback about it, so I see nothing wrong with it.
The bottom line is, if your a playa then be a playa and make sure she knows this is you. Love it or leave it. If your just having platonic relationships with females, your girl needs to get a grip.

Something tells me you've been busted. And if so, she will never forget or let it go. If you haven't been caught out there, then your problem could be bigger. She could be doing you dirty and cheating behind your back. The guilt will have her looking desperately for you to be doing it too.

Good luck tho Jon. We all have dated chicks like these.

BlueSami

Reaction score
When you get home today after your battery is charged. Pack your clothes and expensive stuff.
And

RUNNNNNNNNNNN!!
seriously do yourself a favor!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
do a factory reset as soon as you get your battery charged. then set a screen lock on your phone so she can't reinstall.

^^^ THIS - if you dont lock your screen, she can do whatever she wants to your phone. I know you're tired of relationship advice but I dont know how you could ever trust this woman again.

jayman350

Reaction score
you can go into your Google checkout to see all of the apps that have been downloaded to your phone, regardless of whether they are still installed or not. If you see some sort of sms backup or really any other app you don't remember installing then you will have proof of it in the listing.

good luck with this man, sounds like you've got yourself a hell of a situation to deal with

MuscleDroids

Reaction score
Alright man sorry about the troubles...what sms app do u use? Is so id recommend anything that offers a blacklist option such as hancent chomp sms go. Simply blacklist a convo and set a password you wont see the convo unless you unlock it. Also you wont receive a notification from the arrival of the message I've used it comes in handy if your hiding something.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
Well I am familiar with a software called Eblaster for the pc which you could install on a computer. I remember at the time you could find no trace of it anywhere (not easily anyway). It had a secret multi hot key to get to the settings. It would record at messages, keystrokes, websites, email, chat, what applications you used, you name it. Then it sends reports to an email address. I put this on my computer years ago. It cost like $100 or something.

I did noticed that the same company has an android version of it. That's what it sounds like to me. All it takes is a couple of minutes alone with your phone to install it. You would never find it installed. A hard reset should take care of something like this though. Also change every password on everything. If it has a keystroke logger then she may have recorded you typing in all your passwords to various places.

Link to the software

http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/eBlaster-Mobile-Android/index.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.