Girlfriend keeps looking through my phone!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by tmasto123, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldeghij

aldeghij Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd let her know that it's not ok to snoop, period. I realize that we all bring baggage from past relationships, but she can't turn that into an excuse to intrude on your privacy. Either she trusts you or she doesn't. If she can't hang w/ that, I'd let her go. Bet you weren't planning on this turning into a relationship advice thread were you? ;)

2. deeroid x

deeroid x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE PERSON WHO IS DOING THE ACCUSING IS THE ONE WHO IS DOING WRONG, THAT PROCESS IS CALLED A GUILTY CONSCIENCES.:icon_eek:

3. dbst

dbst Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can also long press home and a menu will come up of your most recent apps that were opened

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

4. PhotoMaster

PhotoMaster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On a serious note, no software will solve this problem. I would encourage her to talk to you and, if need be, talk to a counsellor. I'm married almost 23 years and we see a counsellor every now and then. No shame in that. All the best!

Greg

5. bigdad84

bigdad84 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just put a dang lock on it!

6. Irie_Feeling

Irie_Feeling Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL I say get a new girl or stop doing things that make her think she needs to check it lol. Use your memory, easier to call her out on it. Know what apps were used last and hold the home button down and it pulls up the last used apps.

7. RETG

RETG Active Member

Ratings:
    +111
  8. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    +1

Even though I do back up her laptop/phone and maintain all the computers/phones in the house, I don't volentarily go into her system, and she doesn't go into mine either.

We both have nothing to hide from each other which adds to it. :)

Instead of trying to catch her, just toss her the phone and tell her you're not hiding anything and let her go to town looking. She's insecure, and you'll need to deal with it if you want to maintain that relationship, period.

That case in MI will get thrown out, no precident for that statute, the guy found out his ex wife was re-seeing an abusive second husband (by looking at emails, to which he had the pwd btw ..., and told the first husband (who fathered the kid, and now wants custody as they both are afraid fo the kid getting hurt by Hub #2, who previously beat the wife in front of him in the past).

If you didn't follow, read: Man Faces Five Years in Jail—For Reading Wife's Emails

The statute they are trying has never been tied to a family matter itself.

9. tmasto123

tmasto123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I appreciate the tip about the long press home to get recent apps.

I did however find an application that does exactly what I need. It's called Log Collector. It collects all the system information, with time and date stamps. That way next time she goes into it while I'm sleeping, or away from my phone, I will know those times, and can confront her then.

10. Dusty

Dusty Gold Member

Ratings:
    +597
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3XL
    Yep. That's what I've found to be true also. The ones that are the least trusting, and extremely accusatory are (in my experience) always the ones trying to run game. It's the "screw you over, before you screw me over" mentality even though you're not trying to screw her over.

"F" THAT.

11. tmasto123

tmasto123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, unfortunately that's really more of the blatent truth... Thanks again for alll the posts.

12. CH3RRY

CH3RRY New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, this thread is crazy...You should keep us all in the loop on how it goes.

I know what your going through though...but my situation is a little more complicated. I have an ex husband who I still hang out with and talk to and all that good stuff and he goes through my phone at night while I sleep. With that sitation, I'm not sure why he would even wanna go through my phone...We're not boyfriend and girlfriend, we're not married anymore...if anything, he's the one that refuses to leave his phone laying around and locks his phone. I, myself, have no reason to lock my phone and have nothing to hide.

You can't really explain why some people are the way they are. They just have insecurities that they will need to talk to someone about. I would attempt to sit down and talk to her about why she does what she does. If she still stares you straight in the face and tells you that she doesn't go through your phone, well then that changes the situation and will make things worse. At that point there is something wrong when she will continually lie to you and not blink an eye and you will then need to give her an ultimatum at that point...she either quits the lying and all the BS and tells you how she feels, when she feels it or else she's gotta go.

I'm not sure how far you are into your relationship or how much you think it's worth but if things don't get better you may have to let her go...she needs time to be ok with herself before she can be ok with someone else...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
android app to see if someone looked through your phone
girlfriend checks phone
girlfriend keeps going through my phone
girlfriend looks through my phone
how to keep girlfriend out of phone
how to keep your girlfriend out of your phone
my girlfriend keeps checking my phone

my girlfriend keeps going through my phone

who is looking at my phone