Gionee W909 Flip Phone With Dual Touchscreens, Fingerprint Sensor Launched

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Gionee-W909.jpg

It appears that the new release by Chinese manufacturer Gionee, the W909 flip phone has some pretty impressive hardware inside its clamshell that may give some of the larger competitors some food for thought.

While flip phones might not be so popular in Western countries any more, there’s still a huge demand for these handsets in China, India, and other Asian markets.

The Gionee W909 features two 4.2-inch 720p LCD displays and is powered by a mid-tier octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 SoC, which features eight of the ARM Cortex-A53 CPU cores and a Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. Gionee has paired this up with 4GB of RAM and a generous 64GB of internal storage, complete with a microSD slot.

The cameras are also pretty impressive. The rear or main shooter boasts 16 megapixels and the front facing shooter offers a not to be sneezed at 5 megapixels.

You will find a USB Type-C port on the bottom of the device, a 2,530mAh battery and a fingerprint reader on the back.

While not quite a Flagship device, when we compare it to mainstream flagship phones, there’s some notable hardware here. The W909 has also opted for a faux leather back and some reasonably slim bezels to try and win consumers over on its looks.

The Gionee W909 will be priced at 3,999 Yuan or $616.

Source AH

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hmmm I was curious

device measures 124.1 x 62.8 x 16.5mm, while it weighs 207.7 grams.

6s Plus

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I would like to see more phones like these especially in the US.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice, I'd buy this for my mom who can't seem to transition from flip phone to smart phone.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd like to get my hands on something like this, even just to check it out. At least they're doing something different/innovative compared to the slabs of glass and metal that we're used to.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes I.. it is ;) I'm with Jonny, I'd like to check it out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
My only concern would be battery life. One 720p screen would make sense for a 2500 mah battery. But two of them? Even if the second one doesn't get much use time, I feel like turning it off and on is still gonna drain the device quickly.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My only concern would be battery life. One 720p screen would make sense for a 2500 mah battery. But two of them? Even if the second one doesn't get much use time, I feel like turning it off and on is still gonna drain the device quickly.
Seems like you'd only use one screen at a time, unless I'm missing something. I wouldn't think it'd take that much juice to fire one up as the other powers off. It's not like it's a car that needs a blast of fuel to fire.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
From the pic it looks like the 2nd one is really just for dialing.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's actually quite impressive, even for not being a flagship phone. I'd love to give it a go just for the fun of it, but you never know...I just might like it. I would like it more with a larger screen and high pixel count but it's still pretty cool.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Interesting looking device..next we'll see sliders again..hopefully..