gingerbreadxdroid2

dnyor93

Reaction score
Will/is the Android version Gingerbread be compatible with the Droid 2?

Reaction score
Yes, the Droid 2 will be getting Gingerbread. Google has made a minimum hardware requirement for a phone to be qualified to have Gingerbread. All high end phones will be getting it. The phone needs to have 512mb RAM, 1ghz processor, and i think at least an 850x480 screen? There are probably a few more requirements, I can't remember them all.

OP
dnyor93

dnyor93

Reaction score
Well than, thank Google and thank you xD

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

piffey

Reaction score
If that's the minimum then what do they plan on coming out with? I though 1.4+ghz ARM processors from qualcomm and other mobile folks weren't due out until Q2 2011.

Reaction score
I'm surprised there hasn't been a phone that's "officially" broken the 1ghz barrier. Officially as in without overclocking the device. I remember reading articles about how motorola said it planned to release a 2ghz processor phone by the end of the year. I don't think it's going to happen.

piffey

Reaction score
I think I remember Qualcomm's ARM roadmap showing a 2ghz by Q4 next year, but I can't remember where I saw that. Personally, I'm still blown away with 1ghz in my pocket. Can't imagine what 2ghz or even a dual core mobile processor might make mobile computing. We'll see what happens I guess.

Reaction score
I don't think the Droid pro has been officially confirmed as having a 1.2 ghz processor.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I don't think the Droid pro has been officially confirmed as having a 1.2 ghz processor.

The D2 Global definitely has 1.2 ghz

D PRO- 1 ghz

I've done a google search. I found several websites claiming that they have found a leaked spec sheet for the Droid 2 Global. Verizon has not officially confirmed it. I'm curious though, if they've simply overclocked the processor from the original D2, or if it's something entirely new.