Gingerbread!

Aimperial

Reaction score
Anyone else get the Gingerbread update on their Fasinate?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Actually just randomly checked for updates a bit ago and was pleasantly shocked to see it on there. Had no idea we would even see gingerbread on here. Working good so far

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Well, thought all was well....... Until my phone decides to reboot itself randomly. This could be a major problem!

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Just learned from my resident Mobile expert, that we have to do a hard reset after this update. Backup what you can to the soldiers sd card first.

Galahede

Reaction score
Just installed Gingerbread and I didn't think there would be much of a change but it blew me away. The Fascinate is now running smoother than ever. No lag or freezing and just to make sure it was not my inagination I ran a benchmark and it is about 40% faster.

Reaction score
Agreed, its working very well so far. I just don't like the new keyboard but that's something that could easily be changed. Good to see samsung still giving some love to the fascinate

OP
Aimperial

Aimperial

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the random reboot? Happened once yesterday, tried a hard reset. Phone would just freeze up, had to do a battery pull just to get out of that mode. So far so good, it is faster & smoother. Hope it stays this way, don't want to attempt a reset again.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Wow i didn't expect that to happen. Oh well I had gingerbread 2 months ago(JTs vanilla gb v8.1) and now in rocking ICS! Its freaking amazing. Fast, light, beautiful and more functional than ever. I gave up on Sammy 7 months ago and I'm not looking back. Check these out...

soulshot96

Reaction score
I am curious tho. Can someone post sum screenshots of their homescreens on gingerbread? I would like to see what Sammy did with gingerbread. And if your rooted there's some links and instructions to ice cream sandwich in the development section.

Reaction score
I am curious tho. Can someone post sum screenshots of their homescreens on gingerbread? I would like to see what Sammy did with gingerbread. And if your rooted there's some links and instructions to ice cream sandwich in the development section.

I can't seem to find anything different on the home screen, but they did change the font and size of all the stuff in the top screen (signal, battery, 3g...). Also the functions in the notification bar look different. I also noticed swiping screens is much much smoother, which is why I used a different launcher in the first place.

Galahede

Reaction score
Well, thought all was well....... Until my phone decides to reboot itself randomly. This could be a major problem!

I seem to have the problem as well now. This is about the 4th time in the past few days it randomly reboots.

lkreykes

Reaction score
I love the new update! Before my phone was acting weird but now its great! I did like the old android keyboard, though.
I like the new notification bar colors!

Ab2007

Reaction score
Anyone else having disappearing numbers in the notification bar and android key board not coming up.since update?

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Since this update I've had no problems with reboots... and I like the new keyboard. I never used the other one... I have a differ problem tho ...

My headphone jack. I use my phone as a mp3 player for work n use it for playing music about ten hours a day. After about 3 hours only the left side cuts out for about an hour then goes in and out till it comes back on. Then later on bout 7 hours in the music starts skipping a Lil till I kill the appear n reopen it. I tried stock and other music Apps both do it. And its not the headphones. I've tried more than one pair when it starts to do it. Resetting the phone don't fix it either. However if u do unplug the headphones for a while then plug em back in that helps it for a while. But for 3 days in a row its like clockwork same things happen at the same time.

Anyone else having this problem or know how I can fix it?

Jamis0n

Reaction score
What is the build number? I'm too lazy to revert to stock to just fins out -__-..

Ics 4.0.1 by Jt1134