gingerbread

angelbabii25

Reaction score
i heard gingerbread 2.3 os is coming out tomorrow, however its not for droid 1. Does anyone know if that's true, or if we are getting it.
Thanks.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
Do not listen to the guy above me. There ARE a couple GB roms that are very very stable. CM7 and Chevy01's GB roms are extremely stable and 10 times better than Froyo.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Do not listen to the guy above me. There ARE a couple GB roms that are very very stable. CM7 and Chevy01's GB roms are extremely stable and 10 times better than Froyo.

With all due respect, i tried both of those and both had lost calls and text, so for a noobe user i would recommend everything but a GB Rom!

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

With all due respect, i tried both of those and both had lost calls and text, so for a noobe user i would recommend everything but a GB Rom!

With all due respect, it doesn't mean it will happen to everyone else. I've been running Chevy's Gibson flawlessly for about 3 weeks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

With all due respect, it doesn't mean it will happen to everyone else. I've been running Chevy's Gibson flawlessly for about 3 weeks.

Gibson? Auto correct?

buellboy9

Reaction score
GB is definitely NOT good for someone who depends on their phone to be working all the time. I've used both GPA15 and CM7.0.3 and both have the same problems:

1) Loss of data connectivity after a phone call (often, but not consistently)
2) Phone won't stop ringing after you answer (rarely, but enough to be annoying)
3) Camera app locks up and freezes after taking a photo (Constantly and repeatable)
4) Latest "Google Maps" application crashes on start-up (save your working version with TB before downloading the new one!!).

I'll be flashing "Sourcery" today once my battery reaches a full charge. I'm done with Gingerbread for now. Hopefully Pete (GPA) and the CyanogenMod team can fix these issues with their next roll-out.

dodg0060

Reaction score
I haven't rooted yet, or tried any "unofficial" gingerbread versions. I'm disappointed that Moto/Verizon hasn't come out and either said the OG Droid is getting Gingerbread, or it's no longer going to be supported. As I recall, the last official update was in January, so they haven't written it off completely. It's frustrating because, if developers can make a good GB version for the Droid, why can't Motorola? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the OG Droid still the best selling Android phone?

GeLopez

Reaction score
Both cyanogenmod and charity are very stable. I recommend them even to a noob user.

Dwyndal

Reaction score
GB is definitely NOT good for someone who depends on their phone to be working all the time. I've used both GPA15 and CM7.0.3 and both have the same problems:

2) Phone won't stop ringing after you answer (rarely, but enough to be annoying)
3) Camera app locks up and freezes after taking a photo (Constantly and repeatable)
4) Latest "Google Maps" application crashes on start-up (save your working version with TB before downloading the new one!!).

I'll be flashing "Sourcery" today once my battery reaches a full charge. I'm done with Gingerbread for now. Hopefully Pete (GPA) and the CyanogenMod team can fix these issues with their next roll-out.

So it's not just me with the camera stuff haha - well either way the more users we get testing these ROMS out and reporting bugs and issues the faster the ROMasters can fix them.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09

Gibson? Auto correct?

Lmao yep

Sent from my Simply Stunning 2.3.4 OG Droid using Droid Forums App

FastKatt

Reaction score
ROOT is your friend!
I've been running GB ROMs for as long as I can remember.

UD has a mostly stable ROM, (He's been down for a while, Mother Nature Issues...)
Bugless Beast wasn't 1/2 bad...
Simply Stunning is strong & getting regular updates, (I'm running this now)
Don't wait for Motorola, Verizon, &/or Google to get to our "old phones"...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

I don't have any of these issues, running chevyno1's SS 5.4

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

comk4ver

Reaction score
i can voucher for the issues spc_hicks is saying I'm on CM 7.0.3 i get missed texts and calls... and my 3g doesn't come back on after making calls and I get dropped 3g as well... but, this is a KNOWN issue with GB i'll just stick it out since i know the devs will figure it out...