gingerbread!

tommygerbracht

Reaction score
ok I finally rooted my phone how can I get gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ferminator

Reaction score
Get Rom Manager from Market, flash clockworkmod rom once, download GB Rom, I suggest Steel Droid 6.3, backup ROM, wipe all, wait.... voilá

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
T

tommygerbracht

Reaction score
do I need the premium rom manager?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No, don't use ROM manager. For the DX, look here

OP
T

tommygerbracht

Reaction score
that link told me not to use a droid x which I have... and is there anyway you can send me the link for the right froyo download for it?

mcp770

Reaction score
Before you get mind fu@#ed right after your first root may I suggest buyinh the liberty toolbox via the market. In the purchased toolbox is a rom manager containing the update to .588 GB including the customization of liberty roms.....IN ONE ZIP! I'm all for seasoned folks installing the three zip method to gb but for a new person let the toolbox do this for you in one file.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Before you get mind fu@#ed right after your first root may I suggest buyinh the liberty toolbox via the market. In the purchased toolbox is a rom manager containing the update to .588 GB including the customization of liberty roms.....IN ONE ZIP! I'm all for seasoned folks installing the three zip method to gb but for a new person let the toolbox do this for you in one file.
Thats all great and what-not...if the person also wants Liberty Rom. What if they only want to experience stock Gingerbread? Can you update with the Liberty Toolbox and opt not to take the Liberty ROM as well?

A

abn75

Its also good to know, and have the files, in case you ever need to sbf your phone. Saves you from trying to make a unnecessary warranty claim. I'm all for short cuts, but learn the long way to. Sometimes sbf and knowing how to use it and ask/adb is a great help.

sent from my GB DX

codustyle

Reaction score
Use the team black hat app. They got gb zipped up so u can just flash it like a rom. Plus ur contributing to the cause. I already had the file but felt like I owed it to them. Teamblackhat.us I think.

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
I've been researching this topic for almost 3 weeks and I am confused with the many replays. Is Verizon coming out with the releasing of GB? When is it happening?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's happening, just don't know exactly when

rudydroid

Reaction score
i think you'll find most of us believe vzw will ota gb, but we don't know when. some say it's already happening.
some of us are on leaked gb, and won't download the official release bc of all the blur, so we're not going to know exactly when it comes out cause we're modded and the ota won't tell us it's there.
don't be confused, there are leaked stock versions (tbh?) and rommed/themed versions (liberty), maybe more, idk.

droid x on liberty gingerbread v0.4, slightly oc'd