Gingerbread

kingsway8605

Reaction score
The locked bootloader has nothing to do with updates. The droid x has a locked bl and was released with eclair and updated to Froyo. It may take time but I'd be willing to bet that the current lineup will be updated.

tappin and a talkin

That is because the DX was verizons flagship, even though it was released before the D2. The D2 is sold pay-go already lol. Hope I am wrong, don't like seeing or hope for ppl to get screwed. But D2 owners likely are. Buyer beware I guess.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I still don't quite understand why you think they're just going to chop it off at the knees. Oh well, we'll see.

tappin and a talkin

droidmatic

Reaction score
Yeah the 2.4 theory makes the most sense. If you think about it, there are a lot of phones waiting to get gb, it was probably just because they had to delay the release to get app support for multi core devices and some such. And besides, if the guys who made liberty can make their rom for the dx as well as the droid2, then it doesn't seem that moto would have that hard of a time doing both at the same time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah I'll buy the 2.4 thing. Its really nothing to be worried about since to my knowledge no phone has received an official update from Froyo to gingerbread. Maybe the nexus one but I can't remember.

tappin and a talkin

Khiraji

Reaction score
The only company that cares about the customer is Apple, hence the premium you pay for their products.

Haha. Apple just knows that the legions of iSheep will throw down $500 annually for device upgrades, because they're iSheep and it's Apple.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only company that cares about the customer is Apple, hence the premium you pay for their products.

Haha. Apple just knows that the legions of iSheep will throw down $500 annually for device upgrades, because they're iSheep and it's Apple.

This is really sad, because I think you're both serious and neither one of you have a clue.

I have an iPad and the D2. Just as I suspect the iPad will get an upgrade on or around 2/14, I also know that the D2 will get Gingerbread. This fanboy stuff is just childish.