1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by nemisis9, Jan 26, 2011.

1. nemisis9

nemisis9 New Member

So is gingerbread already out or what. I've seen a few things on the market saying it has come out.

Sent from my DROID2
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

The source code has been released by Google but it is officially out only on the nexus s as of yet iirc. We wont be getting our hands on it until moto decides to do us a favor and officially release it for us.

tappin and a talkin
  3. miketoasty

miketoasty New Member

Which sorry to say but will probably never happen. With all the new phones Motorola is working on the 2 and X will be like the 10 year old children in a family that just had a new baby. Just pushed to the side.
  4. silverfang77

silverfang77 Member

That's the feeling I get too. They'll probably release Gingerbread for the D2G, but the original D2 is the deformed cousin locked away in the attic.
  5. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

That's kind of a bleak outlook. Iirc moto released a press statement some time back assuring that their current line would receive gb in its own time.

tappin and a talkin
  6. silverfang77

silverfang77 Member

I guess all I can do is hope.
  7. Khiraji

Khiraji Member

Hope that somehow we're able to crack the D2's master code. The equivalent of Kevin Flynn's disc, with all the answers to everything on it. In realistic terms I think that's equivalent to cracking the bootloader, but I'm no expert. All I know is that Tron fights for the users... inside my phone dancedroid
  8. markml0528

markml0528 New Member

Where did you read this?

By the way, I'm pretty sure the Droid 2 will be receiving Gingerbread, along with the Droid X and maybe even an official build for the original Droid, if not official then unofficial at least.
  9. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I wish I could dig up a link. I think it was on droid life, it was a press statement from either MOTO or VZW iirc and stated that although it may take time they intended to continue update support for their current line up of phones. It was just after gb source dropped I think.

tappin and a talkin