Android version: 2.3.3

Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.10P

Kernel Version:
2.6.32.9-gd72dc5d
a20523@il93lnxdroid49 #1

Build number: STAB

ERI version: 5

PRL version: 52299

Do all of those match up with what you have when you install the monster rom?

Yep. Identical. It's what I am running right now.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

sean67854

Reaction score
Yep. Identical. It's what I am running right now.

I suppose there could be a slight hardware difference causing issues. I got my droid2 last october directly from motorola at the Adobe MAX conference. Is yours older or newer?

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
August I think.

Client915

Reaction score
I have the same problem as Fenway72 - we both have the same headset: Blue Ant Interfone F4. I have a Droid X, and all my funcationality worked perfect until it updated to Gingerbread. Now I can stream audio to the headset, but have lost all other functionality like voice control, taking calls, starting and stop the audio. This is not as simple as get a new BT headset, these are $250+ motorcycle headsets!!
Please help!!

TVo

Reaction score
Hey, I'm running Liberty .7 right now and had the same problem. This is what I did to get it working again. YMMV

1. Unpair your headset. Try starting fresh.
2. Once paired, lament at how it's still not working. Do this for 3 seconds and that's it.
3. Long press (option click?) the bluetooth device in question that isn't working. Select Options.
4. DE-select media. Leave Phone/handsfree alone. (Make sure it's selected, though).
5. It probably won't work here. Mine didn't. Go ahead and long press and Unpair.
6. Set your bluetooth in pairing mode again and reconnect. That seemed to work for me!

Hope that helps! Let me know if that fixes it for anyone else.

Client915

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help!! I'll try it as soon as I get home!

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
Did it work?

Client915

Reaction score
negative, not on a un-rooted phone. Maybe if I root and install the liberty rom.

TVo

Reaction score
Mine is rooted but when I just updated to Liberty .8 it caused me the same problem. Instead of working right away this time, I had to add, remove, re-add, unselect and reselect the individual options over and over again. Not sure how it ended up working again but it finally did. I powered on and off the phone and headset multiple times but in the end it's working! Definitely a pain in the ass, but I hope it works for someone else too!

Taegost

Reaction score
Bluetooth works for me but it's a little wonky. With the stereo in my car, as long as it goes about 10-15 minutes between connections it's fine, but if I stop for gas it sometimes doesn't reconnect. It also sometimes won't work with phone audio. Also, with my hands free headset, it takes a while to connect, if it does, and sometimes I have top force the connection.
The only thing that works perfectly is my stereo headset.

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

bofis

Reaction score
Doesn't work on Zombiestomped either. Just installed it and can confirm that Bluetooth voice over my inter phone f4 does not work for voice.

I can stream audio, but I have no Bluetooth voice communication. As a matter of fact- when trying to make a call over Bluetooth, the Bluetooth button (the one next to the mute button while in call) doesn't even light up.

This is the same on ANY gingerbread rom.

This is odd, I'm running ZombieStomped 1.7 on my droid 2 and bluetooth works perfectly with my command one moto headset.

OP
Fenway72

Fenway72

Reaction score
I'm finding that it is an incompatibility issue with the interphone F4 device. The BT works flawlessly with my girlfriends BT car stereo.

imjarhed

Reaction score
I'm running GPA15 on my rooted Droid 1. Altec Lansing, won't even see it during scan. Paired and works on my rooted Liberty 2.0 flawlessly. I've read quite a few posts about this issue on GB tho.

DiGuR

Reaction score
I was having this issue with my Droid X and 2011 Hyundai Sonata and was able to find a resolution and so i decided to join the forums here and post for everyone's benefit. My specific problem was that it would pair properly and when I hit the voice command button the screen would give it's "Listening" prompt, but the car would not respond to my voice.

Here's what I did to fix it, some steps may not be necessary but i'll post them all just in case.

1. Delete the phone reference in your car. I had to do this via a menu system built into my stereo; i'm assuming all cars work this way and likely the motorcycle helmets too.

2. Re-pair the phone and car/helmet.

3. Long-click on the car/helmet's reference in the phone's bluetooth settings menu and go into Options.

4. Un-click the Media option so that only the Phone Audio option is selected.

5. Dis-connect the bluetooth connection.

6. Reconnect the bluetooth connection.

When I do this, the media box always re-checks, but nonetheless I now get a response from my car when I hit the voice command button and say "Call". I haven't actually made a call (it was pretty early AM) but the fact that it's responding is good news to me. Also, after this method (first time only, of course) I got the prompt on my phone to allow access to the phonebook, which was another good sign :).

Hypocycloid3

Reaction score
I have the same problem as Fenway72 - we both have the same headset: Blue Ant Interfone F4. I have a Droid X, and all my funcationality worked perfect until it updated to Gingerbread. Now I can stream audio to the headset, but have lost all other functionality like voice control, taking calls, starting and stop the audio. This is not as simple as get a new BT headset, these are $250+ motorcycle headsets!!
Please help!!

Client915, I also have the Interphone F4, symptoms same as you describe ever since Gingerbread. Anxiously looking for an update or a fix. Do you hear calls coming in? On mine, I get the audible ring notification but it will auto answer as soon as sound is detected in my helmet mic. The caller will hear me but I wont hear them until I hit the answer button on the helmet. My phone is the DroidX2 which worked darn near flawlessly with the Blue Ant Interphone F4 prior to the Android OS upgrade.