Gingerbread Update?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Z4root should work...I've used it many times on my D2 and of course only works with froyo...So I did look and saw success with the global...so try that one! Not in market..google it or dl the 4shared app and then get it....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

whendrix13

Reaction score
weiredest things happened to me 15 mins ago... the update was pushed to my phone... said update 4.5608.A956.Verizon.en.US ready for your phone... update now or later..... i updated.. anyone else get it???

whendrix13

Reaction score
ive got the Global... and im in Chicago, well north of chicago.... the motoral plant is 30 miles form me... and i didnt get it till now..

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
I've got a global also. And I live in Milwaukee. So hopefully ill get it soon. Cuz my phone needs it. Did u ever root ur phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

whendrix13

Reaction score
yeah i rooted my phone and i found a leak of the GB as well.. i put it on there so i was running the 2.3.3 software already and it gave me the update.

whendrix13

Reaction score
yeah i do. much nice.. things are diffrent but otherwise nice.. i haven had any problems... i laugh cuz the pulled it due to the microsoft exchange not working but i dopnt use it anyways..... look on the forums for a leaked copy of it... you can down load it do put it on ur phone if your want to... i did it and it works

whendrix13

Reaction score
i found the leak through the forums here and i used z4root.. its easy and self explainitory... droid2drummer told me about it... you can google the z4root and find the link and how tos

antmeyerx

Reaction score
i have the original droid and i went from 2.2 to using 2.3 by rooting my device and flashing CM7(Cyanogenmod 7) thats the only way i know of.. as for your phone not quite sure if you root your device then look for a ROM that has 2.3 it shouldnt be a problem

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got the update its amazing

ITS ABOUT TIME BROTHER!! Congrats! Welcome to better kernel!...lol I hate the blue but hey its an update! Lol Glad you all made it! Guess they stopped after over half of the rest of the US got theirs...lol Like I said before, my ex had it for a while....

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
I do need help with one thing. After the update I deleted facebook and resigned in and was hoping it would update my contacts profile page and not it doesn't even attach my facebook with my contacts. And its all messed up.