Gingerbread update

rumblee1

Reaction score
I'm downloading and installing the new gingerbread update as I writ this on my tab. LET US PRAY.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

OP
R

rumblee1

Reaction score
Follow-up, well my x is running faster, smoother but still haven't put it thru everything yet. So far, so good but my fingers are still crossed.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I hope it fixes the bug where at least once a day afterleaving a wifi area I have to reboot in order to make a call.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zero7404

Reaction score
just checked and the update is available. 4.5.602 if im not mistaken ... not installing it yet because it will probably unroot my phone.

anyone else take a stab at it yet?

sent via android

Reaction score
just checked and the update is available. 4.5.602 if im not mistaken ... not installing it yet because it will probably unroot my phone.

anyone else take a stab at it yet?

sent via android

If you're rooted, and you want 4.5.602 rooted, you have to download it from the TBH app, SBF back to FroYo and install it from there. A public release is forthcoming, I think.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread last night the update seemed to fix my camera finally shuts off the hardware key backlights when I suspend the phone (they are still on when its in the alarm dock booo but shut off if I suspend the phone in the dock so I can no longer see the clock). Phone seems to be running fine thus far... Ok I lied about the camera... it does allow 8mp pictures again (where I couldn't before) but it keeps defaulting back to widescreen WORTHLESS

Last edited:

kevinkar

Reaction score
My major issues are not fixed - Google Sky Map (patched so it's correctly functional but it's apparent it is not a true fix as it still works poorly), additional punctuation pop up menu disappears if you lift your finger from the screen before selecting a key, phone turns on magically right after turning it off, and the bright hard buttons (I use a case that covers them so it's not a problem for me) is still there.

meaker

Reaction score
If you're rooted, and you want 4.5.602 rooted, you have to download it from the TBH app, SBF back to FroYo and install it from there. A public release is forthcoming, I think.

So I will have to sbf, reroot then install this update? Do I have to install the 2 part rooted gb first or is this a full version of gb?

Reaction score
So I will have to sbf, reroot then install this update? Do I have to install the 2 part rooted gb first or is this a full version of gb?

If you're on stock rooted GB .596, then do this:

.602 rooted without SBF'g or wiping!

Otherwise, yes, you will have to SBF. The 2-part .602 install replaces the .596 files. It was publicly released this morning here:

Official Gingerbread update 4.5.602 (rooted and ready) or Stock.

Also, I can confirm that Liberty GB works with the .602 install. After SBF and installing the 2-part rooted GB .602, you can flash Liberty GB right on top of it and it works splendidly. Of course the System version goes back to .596 but you keep the new Kernel and Radio, which are the important parts of this update.

tenacious bee

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread last night the update seemed to fix my camera finally shuts off the hardware key backlights when I suspend the phone (they are still on when its in the alarm dock booo but shut off if I suspend the phone in the dock so I can no longer see the clock). Phone seems to be running fine thus far... Ok I lied about the camera... it does allow 8mp pictures again (where I couldn't before) but it keeps defaulting back to widescreen WORTHLESS

I am not experiencing the wide screen default issue. So far I am happy. No more problem with wifi to 3G switch over and gps lock is back to the normal really fast lock like before the update.

Backjudge

Reaction score
So far so good. Checked the camera and it is retaining the 8MP setting...so far! Nothing on the 3G switch yet. Did notice the market has updated. Not sure if I like it yet.

Phranc

Reaction score

The updat killed my camera. All i get is a black screen, no video. It was working fine before.

Reaction score
New market sucks.
My camera still goes back to WS after a while.

I thought this was going to update us to 2.3.4, but I guess we are stuck at 2.3.3 forever.

I haven't had any of the problems others have reported, so this update really didn't do anything great for me.

Steve