Gingerbread update

rbw62

Reaction score
stop it with the gb update crap, just rumors rumors and more rumor mongering .

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score

go F,,, your self if you don't have anything useful to say.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score

go F,,, your self if you don't have anything useful to say.

Believe it or not that was helpful. I mean nothing is set in stone unless they say. So instead of writing USELESS and uncalled for posts, you don't say anything unless you have anything useful to say.
I mean c'mon lets try and be mature....

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Reaction score
According to the rep I spoke to earlier you tb guys can pull the gingerbread update right now

Can someone verify this? just go to settings, about phone, check for updates.... if you ate not rooted that is

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If I had a dollar for every time someone said "according to the rep. . ." and it turned out to be BS, I would be a very rich man!

Reaction score
Also; I know this has probably been covered elsewhere but what's the big deal about updating to GB? From what I've read it's not really a major upgrade from Froyo just a few minor tweaks/fixes.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Also; I know this has probably been covered elsewhere but what's the big deal about updating to GB? From what I've read it's not really a major upgrade from Froyo just a few minor tweaks/fixes.

it looks sexxxy

And it also runs much smoother.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
And it also runs much smoother.

For some it did, but not me. Mine lagged me to hell for some reason. And no I don't have a trillion apps on my phone. I hardly have any music and I never really play it unless my ipod runs out, but even then I don't use it all that often. I turned gps off and was using wifi and was still lagging. I forced close apps in the background and it would free up for about a minute then lag.
Good to hear your having good experiences with it. I probably won't update till they make an official root and sbf file for it.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Viper Daimao

Reaction score
not sure I want it now that all tethering will be blocked

What is tethering. lol i don't read up on this stuff all that much.
tethering is where you hook up your phone to your computer by wifi or usb and you have your computer connect to the internet using your phone's cell internet connection.

in the Gingerbread update Verizon blocks all tethering apps from running and makes you use theirs for a $20/month fee on top of your monthly data fee.