Gingerbread update - reinstall bloatware?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I almost thought that was the gingerbread update doc! That would have been sweet. But it's just the 2.3.2 system update :(

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Yeah, it says 2.3.2! :(

But he's still wrong. It is coming to D2. I got better sources then he has ;)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't doubt that and I'm confident that we'll get it. These forums are full of hype and rumor. Its good to know some people can back up the claims they make.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

xrp861

Reaction score
Um yea apperently nobody read that post I linked to! There's alot of posts on this forum about it. Im pretty sure if the d2 was getting it it'd have came out after the dx got it being as they're basicly the same setup. But whatever I really don't care if it comes oiut for the d2 as I have 2 d2g so I know for a fact I am getting the update. I was just simply telling you what I've read and what has been confirmed. No need to be ignorant because you don't know how to operate the search bar! Its beyond ridiculous how many threads there is on this board about the same stuff because nobody searches......

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude, please don't insult my intelligence. I search before I speak and your claims are based on other people's posts about the d2 not getting gb. Just because someone posts saying they spoke to a "rep" at moto/and or verizon, doesn't make it the least bit true. There is only rumor, no fact. Plus, how many times has a vz rep actually known what they are talking about? I spoke with vz and moto and they said the d2 was getting gb. Well? Either way I don't care. The d2 has a great leak with sick roms. I'm not going to complain if the d2 doesn't get it an ota, but i will argue that posts are not fact. Just opinion. I would like a document or some kind of actual evidence for this claim outside of a post. I see stuff like this, but who really knows?

http://m.blogs.computerworld.com/18077/android_23_upgrade_list?mm_ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3Faq%3Df%26oq%3D%26aqi%3D-k0d0t0%26fkt%3D43%26fsdt%3D16136%26cqt%3D%26rst%3D%26htf%3D%26his%3D%26maction%3D%26q%3DWhen%2Bis%2Bthe%2Bdroid%2B2%2Bgetting%2Bgingerbread%253F%2B%26flip%3D0

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8