Gingerbread Update killed my Facebook contacts

Phaetos

Reaction score
I just realized something now that I've had the update for about a week. My contacts that are synced with FB, show phone numbers with a "+1-area code-phone# " notation. Before the GB update those contacts worked just fine when I attempted to dial one. Now AFTER the update, when attempting to use one of those contacts I get a rapid busy signal and it hangs up. Yes the phone numbers work if I dial them manually. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Other than that, the only other issue I have had is that browser back-button that everyone else is seeing.

OP
P

Phaetos

Reaction score
Is the LG forum dead around here? 97 views and not a single opinion?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just realized something now that I've had the update for about a week. My contacts that are synced with FB, show phone numbers with a "+1-area code-phone# " notation. Before the GB update those contacts worked just fine when I attempted to dial one. Now AFTER the update, when attempting to use one of those contacts I get a rapid busy signal and it hangs up. Yes the phone numbers work if I dial them manually. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Other than that, the only other issue I have had is that browser back-button that everyone else is seeing.

Try going in settings/call settings/Assisted Dialing and check the Assisted Dialing On.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the thought, but it didn't work.

Yeah, I figured that was a long shot. Well, here's another long shot; read this thread - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-put-1-front-everybodies-number-contacts.html It is about someone that want to add a 1 in front of all his contacts. They talk about exporting the contacts to a .csv file and then globally add a 1 to all numbers using the spreadsheet app Excel. You should be able to remove the +1 easily also.

Here's another thread that seems to be on-point: Can't call numbers with +1 in front - Android Forums Specifically read post #6.

OP
P

Phaetos

Reaction score
Thanks I will check those out.

Edit: Well doesn't seem that those posts will help me out either. Maybe I should stop Facebook from syncing my contacts. But that will erase all contacts that came from FB, and that's like 1/2 of them. Grrrrr ... this is annoying.

Last edited:
OP
P

Phaetos

Reaction score
It seems in the last couple weeks the problem either fixed itself or a minor update was sent out that I didn't notice. The problem is no longer an issue.