Gingerbread update keeps failing!!!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
this is the global forum one of us should have asked spacemanCO to go to the droid 2 forum

millerjy

Reaction score
which one do you have

Global. Ive been out of the states for 8 months and I am trying to piece together what I did to my phone so I can update. Also to catch up on my reading on the forum. Im sure its all here it will just take time.

silver6054

Reaction score
this is the global forum one of us should have asked spacemanCO to go to the droid 2 forum

G.Y. did. And only one of us, with user name like themi something, posted a link to a D2 file! But yes, can you edit your post(s) with that link marking them as Droid 2 only.

silver6054

Reaction score
Global. Ive been out of the states for 8 months and I am trying to piece together what I did to my phone so I can update. Also to catch up on my reading on the forum. Im sure its all here it will just take time.

So what are you running now? 2.2? Were you using your phone out of the country, because it will still update if you are connected (and haven't done bad things!)

spacemanCO

Reaction score
It is the D2. it is still not working.
its says this:

-- istall from sd card...
.finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
installing update...
verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options" , c1ce01277802df5068b8e711514c71948c06ec3" , "495139e86ba69022a7b16326de06082b05b653c7")
E:error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

i redownloaded the zip multiple times... I dont know what is going on.

silver6054

Reaction score
OK, repost this on the Droid 2 forum, as you may get more help there (and tell them which file you were using). It looks like the named file, "/system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options", is missing or modified from the original state.

silver6054

Reaction score
OK, repost this on the Droid 2 forum, as you may get more help there (and tell them which file you were using). It looks like the named file, "/system/etc/ppp/peers/pppd-ril.options", is missing or modified from the original state.

And it looks like this is one of the files modified when flashing to another CDMA provider.

spacemanCO

Reaction score
wait so is this thread for the global d2? i was linked here from google and the problem seemed very similar to mine. so will i be able tto update this even though it is flashed to another cdma carrier?

spacemanCO

Reaction score
Sorry..... i am new to this forum as of today. i had no idea this was global only. i dont know where to go. can someone link me to the correct forum. i feel like an idiot.

millerjy

Reaction score
So what are you running now? 2.2? Were you using your phone out of the country, because it will still update if you are connected (and haven't done bad things!)

I was running with verizon here until I was able to get the proper unlock code. Now I am on a local carrier. It prompted me that I had an update just fine. I had rooted my phone so I could use Wifi tethering and I also believe I had froze some programs in Titanium though it is not letting me into Titanium, though as I am typing this I realized that I have unrooted my phone before dealing with unfreezing the apps. I will know more soon enough after I reroot.

Damn verizon for making things so hard.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Sorry..... i am new to this forum as of today. i had no idea this was global only. i dont know where to go. can someone link me to the correct forum. i feel like an idiot.
the forum split isn't as clear as it could be

try
Droid 2 Hacks

Last edited: