Gingerbread update done jacked my phone up!

lisaw922

Reaction score
So. . . I should probably preface this by saying that I was not a huge fan of my Droid 2 to begin with--it has been a very glitchy phone for me. I love its capabilities, but it had a lot of glitches. Two weeks ago, I installed the automatic update (according to this site, the update was for Gingerbread.) I have had worse problems ever since I installed the update. The most irritating/inconvenient issue I have is that even if I am on home screen with all apps closed, every 30 seconds or so (I am not exaggerating) the most recently used application will open. And stay open. So, it can be a game, a text message, my phone dialer, whatever the last thing I used. This is driving me crazy. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any advice on how I can fix it? I do like the look of Gingerbread, but I do not like how it has decided to possess my phone and open things haphazardly. Please help me!

Thank you.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The best thing to do after any major update is wipe data/cache via Recovery, but you will lose anything not stored via Google or on your SD card.

Carolp70

Reaction score
keyboard issues

I started having problems also after the updates.. it would only let me type two words then lock up on me.. I went into keyboard settings and uncheck {predict next two words)...this has made mine go back to normal.