1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gingerbread update done jacked my phone up!

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by lisaw922, Sep 18, 2011.

1. lisaw922

lisaw922 New Member

So. . . I should probably preface this by saying that I was not a huge fan of my Droid 2 to begin with--it has been a very glitchy phone for me. I love its capabilities, but it had a lot of glitches. Two weeks ago, I installed the automatic update (according to this site, the update was for Gingerbread.) I have had worse problems ever since I installed the update. The most irritating/inconvenient issue I have is that even if I am on home screen with all apps closed, every 30 seconds or so (I am not exaggerating) the most recently used application will open. And stay open. So, it can be a game, a text message, my phone dialer, whatever the last thing I used. This is driving me crazy. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any advice on how I can fix it? I do like the look of Gingerbread, but I do not like how it has decided to possess my phone and open things haphazardly. Please help me!

Thank you.
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

The best thing to do after any major update is wipe data/cache via Recovery, but you will lose anything not stored via Google or on your SD card.
  3. Carolp70

Carolp70 New Member

keyboard issues

I started having problems also after the updates.. it would only let me type two words then lock up on me.. I went into keyboard settings and uncheck {predict next two words)...this has made mine go back to normal.
  4. calguy19

calguy19 New Member

Try manage apps, all apps, Home, clear data
Search tags for this page

droid x gingerbread update made my phone mess up

htc one x upgrade messed up my keyboard

problems with lg revolution after update

verizon update messed up my phone