Gingerbread Update Coming Soon for Droid Charge

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Nov 25, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

For the Droid Charge owners out there, you will be glad to know that a Gingerbread update should be coming soon to your phone. Verizon recently updated its support page to include information on this update. As usual, they didn't give a specific date, but you can probably expect it within the next couple of weeks. You can find more info and the .pdf file at the link below.

Source: Verizon Wireless
  2. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

About time, this should've taken place months ago. My wife's Charge has been slowing down quite a bit, this should help it.
  3. DamirD1984

DamirD1984 New Member

I second that...

It is very pitiful, that a company like samsung is not more behind their flagship devices on carriers like that... and not just samsung, Verizon has just as much blame on this... the rate of this updates are very discouraging, because it has made me regret taking the Droid Charge as an upgrade option on one of our lines, even more so, the $300 dollars that seem like it wasn't worth it.

I just hope that we see ICS at some point :)... if they do that, than sammy will make everything right with me in my books.
  4. biggles

biggles Member

I think Samsung is a great hardware company whose products are held back by poor software support.