Gingerbread update causes display not to function

ihaveadroid2

Reaction score
I updated to Gingerbread today. The phone works fine if I don't let the display shut off after startup, but as soon as it shuts off it won't turn on again. The phone effectively freezes. If I get a call, the display doesn't turn on and also the phone just keeps vibrating until I remove the battery. I DON'T want to factory reset yet again. I just got this phone as a replacement for my old D2, which I had for a year, because the keyboard wasn't working right on my old one. I'm getting really frustrated with the Droid 2.

Edit at 1:58 pm EST: It works fine now that I removed my SD card, so I'm assuming there is an app or two causing it to malfunction. (Most of my apps are on the SD card.) Anyone have ideas on what that might be so I can uninstall?

Last edited:

jr6300

Reaction score
My droid 2 might as well be a paper weight after this update this morning.

Freezing.

Locking up.

Can't bring "out of sleep".

Browser locks up.

Desktop that will now try to rotate locks up.

Had to remove battery several times in the last hour to revive or sometimes it will let me hold the power button to restart (like it used to during an occasional problem) but this sucks now. What in the He|| is up with this update? I won't let the update install on the gf's phone until I find out what's up. I told her to keep knocking it back 2 hours until I let her know.

ANY HELP????????????????

jr6300

Reaction score
Well it let me bring the display up for once & the desktop successfully rotated correctly a few times, but now when I open the browser, then bookmarks, it forecloses....sweet a smart phone that now won't let me on the internet......I just restarted it AGAIN!:icon_evil:

jr6300

Reaction score
this is a DOG now....any way to uninstall the update??????????? Probably not since it downloaded itself.

jr6300

Reaction score
Locked up again...........:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

nvictor

Reaction score
This upgrade is horrible. I reset it to factory but still has the upgrade. It worked fine for a few hours, now freezing up again. Any ideas on how to undo the update?

jr6300

Reaction score
I think their intention is cool ala Win7 with the opacity, etc.....but the stability sucks...mine has "calmed" down for now....still not lettin gf install....told her to keep knockin it back every 2 hours til I say....don't need that headache as well...lol....took her a while to get used to the smartphone last Oct. & she only does the basics...text, call & weatherbug

Last edited:
OP
I

ihaveadroid2

Reaction score
OP updated at 1:58 pm. It works now that I removed my SD card, so I'm assuming it's an app that's causing the problems. Anyone have any ideas what that might be?

destin246

Reaction score
Call verizon thell send u another one

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jr6300

Reaction score
OP updated at 1:58 pm. It works now that I removed my SD card, so I'm assuming it's an app that's causing the problems. Anyone have any ideas what that might be?

If you figure out the app let me know.

OP
I

ihaveadroid2

Reaction score
Another OP update: Went to the Verizon store today. The guy told me that the phone not working properly with the SD card in is now a known issue and the first patch should fix it. Crossing my fingers...

timmer547

Reaction score
havent receive the update yet but from what im reading im kinda happy i dont have it yet lol