Gingerbread update and build number

dkn1997

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new droid pro owner here. I just joined the forum yesterday and looked around enough to know that you get reamed if you repost topics that have already been answered so I did use the search feature and while I find several references to build number but no mention of what that number means in terms of the update... my build number is lower than the one I have seen mentioned for the update, it's 3.4.2_80_V2_87 and I'm running 2.2.1

Does that mean I can't use GB? or that I just have to wait longer? I downloaded the update file on my home PC but I don't want to screw anything up. and yes, I did check my updates on the Pro and it said none available phone is up to date.

My main problem is low in-call earpiece and speakerphone volume. It's so stupid if you think about it. The ringers can be made so loud they will melt the paint off the walls of my house, yet unless I'm inside an austin powers cone of silence I can barely hear anyone on speaker phone. If GB won't address this then it's not that big a deal for me since this is my only real issue with the phone.

Thanks Guys!! -Kevin

Astaroth

Reaction score
RMA your phone, there is something wrong with it. This has nothing to do with the version of Android you are using.