Gingerbread sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyld

Reaction score
Yep they will after so many times replacing a device either same brand new out the box or a different device as close in price as possable I've been with vzw for about 10 years

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

porpoise hork

Reaction score
Yep they will after so many times replacing a device either same brand new out the box or a different device as close in price as possable I've been with vzw for about 10 years

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

i got my DX at the end of December and I have gone back and forth with big red about this phone.. they have replaced mine 5 times now, 4 of those were "certified used" phones and one showed up DOA the other fried itself in the activation process. They offered to swap it out for another model of similar price (used not new) none of which were really comparable to the DX. when I asked about getting a new and different phone they flat out refused even though I offered to pay the difference in price for the phone. They cited that they can no longer do this or discount new phone prices.. I had my calls escelated to several supervisors and at one point spent over 3.5 hours on the phone with various reps/supers trying to get this resolved.. it wasnt until they put me in contact with a reigional director that they eventually agreed to a brand new replacement of the DX. the only way I could get it from them was to re-up my contract, but he didnt tell me that at the time, but seeing as I was only 3.5 months in to my term it wasnt a big deal. I did manage to get a $75 credit as a result of that.

now the sad thing is the new DX had issues as well and when I called in about that to try to get a different phone they said they could replace it with a used DX or swap it out again for a lower model phone. I asked about the DX2, iphone or TB again offering to pay for it if needed they again refused... i even mentioned that they did when I had the V3m, but they said that their policy has changed. i mean im not trying to get a free upgrade im offering to give them money and they wont take it..

In the past yes Verizon would readily swap out to a newer phone. but now.. not so much.. im sure if you really press the issue hard enough and get to either someone high enough or who simply doesnt care they will do it.. but based on my recent experience its not worth the trouble..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed. It hasn't been on topic and I don't really enjoy reading posts about how people want to swindle or complain, hold their breath until they turn blue to get an undeserved upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.