Gingerbread sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyld

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to Froyo last night and rerooted then installed the 2 part rooted gingerbread

sent from my Rooted Gingerbread DroidX using DroidForums

SR20S13

Reaction score
try taking the sdcard out, restarting then put the sdcard back in, that worked on my friends phone

wyld

Reaction score
Download sbf file to computer. I use rsd lite 4.9. Get the updated Motorola driver for the Droid x. Install rsd lite. Install drivers. don't install sbf file. Can only sbf from bootloader. Power off 1st then hold power, volume down and camera keys at same time. For anyone that has never sbf'd my instructions may be confusing search you tube Droid x sbf many great how to videos there

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
If you are stock,call verizon or take it in,they can reprogram it there or give you another phone...the OTA messed up my brothers bone stock phone bad,verison replaced it,the new one is fine.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Not much user error when you hit two buttons and let it install and wait for it to boot on its own.

And ya I was thinking of taking it in but I don't wanna have to deal with setting up all my apps and stuff again =\ I wish there was a way to just add it back like nothing changed lol... call ne lazy

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
Yep! Vzw should be able to flash it back to Froyo in the store I don't see why they couldn't rather they will is another story?

wyld

Reaction score
Yep I've been lazy my self I finally decided to sbf back to Froyo then reroot and install the 2 part rooted gingerbread it sucked going thru all that but I get my root back! Lol

dpierpo1

Reaction score
hey guys i need your help...heres my dilema...everytime i go to check for updates it says that there are no updates available at this time...I have been running Froyo with z4 root...I opened z4root and unrooted my phone and deleted all my rooted aps and z4root...rebooted my phone/took out battery and tried to check for the update again and still no updates available at this time...

what do you guys think the issue is, I am trying to get gingerbread on my droid x? I am a little unsure on how to sbf using a mac book pro? Do you think that may be the issue? Also if I sbf will i lose all my data? real noob question but if anybody knows what I should do that would be real useful thanks.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
hey guys i need your help...heres my dilema...everytime i go to check for updates it says that there are no updates available at this time...I have been running Froyo with z4 root...I opened z4root and unrooted my phone and deleted all my rooted aps and z4root...rebooted my phone/took out battery and tried to check for the update again and still no updates available at this time...

what do you guys think the issue is, I am trying to get gingerbread on my droid x? I am a little unsure on how to sbf using a mac book pro? Do you think that may be the issue? Also if I sbf will i lose all my data? real noob question but if anybody knows what I should do that would be real useful thanks.
Do you want the official OTA from Verizon? It is unrootable for now...since you are now rooted,why not just flash the 2 part update zips from TBH.....If you SBF you will lose data because right after you SBF,the first thing you need to do is a battery pull,and put the phone in stock recovery,and do a data wipe/factory reset. I dont follow the importance of not losing data,it takes me 20 minutes to set my phone up again,and when i do a data wipe,the phone is always snappier afterwards...its worth the hassle..dont let that stop you.

Beka27

Reaction score

Do you want the official OTA from Verizon? It is unrootable for now...since you are now rooted,why not just flash the 2 part update zips from TBH.....If you SBF you will lose data because right after you SBF,the first thing you need to do is a battery pull,and put the phone in stock recovery,and do a data wipe/factory reset. I dont follow the importance of not losing data,it takes me 20 minutes to set my phone up again,and when i do a data wipe,the phone is always snappier afterwards...its worth the hassle..dont let that stop you.

Exactly. Since you're rooted, I am assuming you have all your apps and data backed up thru Titanium. All you have to do is run a restore once you get root back on.

sweenbeen

Reaction score
I'm half tempted to see if I can't swindle my way into a DX2 if I take it back to VZW. BUT like I said. I hate having to start over. Its annoying haha

porpoise hork

Reaction score
I'm half tempted to see if I can't swindle my way into a DX2 if I take it back to VZW. BUT like I said. I hate having to start over. Its annoying haha

i have been a customer with VZW for 8 years..

VZW wont do that. (trust me i know all about this)

They will only replace your phone with a "certified used" replacement of the same type. If you have repeated issues with the used phones they send, and you probably will, and press the issue they will offer to swap it out for a similar used/refurbished phone. problem is none of the phones they offer compare to the DX (they tried to offer the Eris as a replacement). pfft.. Now if you REALLY pressure them after say 4-5 replacements, they might offer to send you a new DX, but you will have to renew your contract in order to get it, but will not tell you this untill you call in asking about the new terms and agreement text/email notification sent 2-3 days after you set up the new replacement. the only good thing here is it wont impact your upgrade date if you are a long way off.

Even if you offer to pay the difference for the new phone they wont do it. they will tell you "we can no longer discount new phones in this manner." and your only options are another certified phone of the same type or the before mentioned like model replacement. According to a VZW field rep when i asked about this (three days ago) he said that VZW used to allow this sort of exchange but due to new accounting regulations they no longer are able to swap customers into a different new replacement device unless you are near your upgrade due date.

my experience with VZW and the DX have been fun.. can you tell. reminds me of the razer V3m nightmear (they replaced it 9 times in 3 months before they finally gave me a diferent phone)

sweenbeen

Reaction score

i have been a customer with VZW for 8 years..

VZW wont do that. (trust me i know all about this)

They will only replace your phone with a "certified used" replacement of the same type. If you have repeated issues with the used phones they send, and you probably will, and press the issue they will offer to swap it out for a similar used/refurbished phone. problem is none of the phones they offer compare to the DX (they tried to offer the Eris as a replacement). pfft.. Now if you REALLY pressure them after say 4-5 replacements, they might offer to send you a new DX, but you will have to renew your contract in order to get it, but will not tell you this untill you call in asking about the new terms and agreement text/email notification sent 2-3 days after you set up the new replacement. the only good thing here is it wont impact your upgrade date if you are a long way off.

Even if you offer to pay the difference for the new phone they wont do it. they will tell you "we can no longer discount new phones in this manner." and your only options are another certified phone of the same type or the before mentioned like model replacement. According to a VZW field rep when i asked about this (three days ago) he said that VZW used to allow this sort of exchange but due to new accounting regulations they no longer are able to swap customers into a different new replacement device unless you are near your upgrade due date.

my experience with VZW and the DX have been fun.. can you tell. reminds me of the razer V3m nightmear (they replaced it 9 times in 3 months before they finally gave me a diferent phone)

Actually, I have been a vzw customer for 7 years and they have done it twice for me. It all depends on who the person is punching the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.