Gingerbread Screen Off Animation

chaaaad

Reaction score
This is for rooted GB and Droid 2's only. I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone.

Taken from Droid-Life.com and a helpful user named Christopher Heuer:

1. CREATE A BACKUP FIRST.
2. Download this file to your computer: framework-res_CRT_D2.apk (link at bottom)
3. Rename it to framework-res.apk and place in your SDK/Tools folder.
4. Connect your phone and run the following commands in adb:
adb remount
adb push framework-res.apk /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk
adb shell
su
stop
rm /system/framework/framework-res.apk
cp /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk /system/framework/
rm /data/local/tmp/framework-res.apk
reboot
5. Your phone will reboot and with CRT screen-off set to “Go!”

Download framework-res_CRT_D2.apk here
http://www.mediafire.com/?6xobaadloevg9ug#2 mirror 1
http://www.mediafire.com/?staxmqct7a7qhb5 mirror 2

Works like a charm on my D2. Note that these are not my instructions or my links, just thought I'd share :)

If you're on DX, just download this zip and flash it in recovery. As always, make a backup first.
http://www.multiupload.com/FD85GYCAJM

Last edited:

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Hahahah I tried this earlier, but I used the droid x one on my d2 and I had to restore my backup lol... All the text and everything was random as hell. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try this one out. The animation was sweet. Thanks for the post.

Flowah

Reaction score
How do I do this without a terminal emulator on my phone? Can I just put the apk in the root of my sdcard, rename it framework-res.apk, and do the same commands?

Flowah

Reaction score
OP
C

chaaaad

Reaction score
Hopefully someone more talented than I will make a zip for the D2. Until then you're stuck with ADB.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Flowah

Reaction score
GRAIN OF SALT. WARNING. ATTEMPT AT OWN RISK.

I took the framework-res.apk for the D2 from this thread, the .zip that's been floating around for the DX, and replaced the framework-res.apk in the DX .zip with the framework-res.apk for the D2.

I flashed it. So far. It's working flawlessly. Animation is there. Home scren is fine. Lock screen works. No messed up text. Try it if you want to, but remember. Grain of salt.

CRT_Animation.zip

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

I took the framework-res.apk for the D2 from this thread, the .zip that's been floating around for the DX, and replaced the framework-res.apk in the DX .zip with the framework-res.apk for the D2.

I flashed it. So far. It's working flawlessly. Animation is there. Home scren is fine. Lock screen works. No messed up text. Try it if you want to, but remember. Grain of salt.

CRT_Animation.zip

are you saying you did this without running the GB leak? If so this isn't tried for the D2 right? I am running Liberty 1.5 on the D2 and would love this CRT animation.

OP
C

chaaaad

Reaction score

CRT_Animation.zip

are you saying you did this without running the GB leak? If so this isn't tried for the D2 right? I am running Liberty 1.5 on the D2 and would love this CRT animation.

No, he's saying he made a zip out of the framework-res.apk that I posted. You can flash that in clockwork instead of using ADB. You still need rooted GB for that to work.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is the gingerbread framework.

Thanks for this, the animation looks good.

Sent from my DROID2 of shame.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

CRT_Animation.zip

No, he's saying he made a zip out of the framework-res.apk that I posted. You can flash that in clockwork instead of using ADB. You still need rooted GB for that to work.

I see....ok thank you very much.....but now I am bummed a bit.

tb110895

Reaction score

CRT_Animation.zip

I love you
I've been trying to find a flashable zip all day. Worked perfect
Thanks

Sent from my DROID2