1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

gingerbread rooted tether issues!! help please....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Blaccout, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Blaccout

Blaccout New Member

hey folks... im pretty new to this.
    i just installed the rooted gingerbread leaked update for the droid X today. i was rooted before and the tether worked fine. i installed the rooted leak and the tether worked fine for a few minutes. i turned it off and then back on a few hours later and now when i try to surf the web on my laptop the verizon page keeps popping up, telling me that i need to subscribe to their services in order to have hotspot. also, when i touch the wireless tether icon.... the verizon "3g mobile hotspot" icon pops up in my notification bar.
    my "sync" icon is stuck in the notification bar also. been there for a few hours.. tried pulling the batt and restarting. it wont go away.

i know this may be something very simple to fix, but its been a long day. i need my phone for work tomorrow.. so if you guys can help me out it would be much appreciated.
  2. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

What ROM/kernel are u using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

And is this a D1 or a DX....
  4. Blaccout

Blaccout New Member

5. Blaccout

Blaccout New Member

this is for a droid X
  6. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

Ahhhh, thought so from some parts of the post. Sorry man, I'm not much help on a DX. Don't have 1 and know little about it. I do know verizon had put something in one of the leaks about the tethering for free. That's all I know...SORRY. someone will come along with more help...
  7. Blaccout

Blaccout New Member

great... now my browser on the phone wont work. its going straight to the verizon web page.
  8. jpsil

jpsil New Member

I don't know if you got this figured out or not, but if you reboot it should clear it up. If not, try a Wipe Data/Factory Reset in clockwork mod. That should do the trick.
Search tags for this page

tethering hotspot problem gingerdx