1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gingerbread rooted .596 trying to update?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by wdcspurs, Aug 21, 2011.

1. wdcspurs

wdcspurs New Member

I just received an OTA update from Verizon for Gingerbead .602. I have Gignerbread .596 rooted currently on my phone. What happens if I install the update? Do i lose my root? The only options it is offering at this point is to install now or later. If I choose later, it prompts again in 1 hour. Where do i go from here? And if updating isnt what I should do, how do I prevent it from automatically downloading updates in the future?
  2. wdcspurs

wdcspurs New Member

UPDATE: I got on Google and was able to find a solution to this issue. I was able to install the update, drop an updated SU Zip on my SD card and install it though CWR after the install was complete, but before i acknowledged OK after the update was finished and rebooted. I have .602 running and didnt lose root!
Search tags for this page

can i update to gingerbread if my phone is rooted