Gingerbread root?

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I love GB but need my root for tethering and over/underclocking. USB tethering is good but we all love wifi

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

vettesfan

Reaction score
Can I still access CWM if I want to restore? Or is there a backup method I can use to easily restore?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

Once you flash to the gb leak, the only way to use CW is to SBF back to the old version, re root, and then restore. If you arnt comfortable with SBF, I wouldn't go to GB

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

Wonder if itl work for D2 as well?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

b1ackplague

Reaction score

b1ackplague

Reaction score
Although they have GB (no links posted yet for the files) rooted you will need to be on the older firmware .320/.340 in order to root it. So its probably worth your while to just wait for the links to root GB to come up and install it then. Ill post the forum link to the instructions in a second.

The instructions for rooting GB are there and credit goes to TBH, P3droid and mydroidworld forums.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6729

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chefb

Reaction score
Ok....I have the black hat app, there are a few zip files sbf's so I flash one of those (which?) Then then re-root and flash the preroot mirror...did it work for you?......ok ill keep an eye out for the link, just read the response. Thanks

Last edited:

shizumie

Reaction score
So just to make sure. I sbf stock. Root, add bootstrap, then wipe install download from bootstrap? Or do i just sbf stock and use phoes (hold power and x untill on then press search) to get to comands and then load. Thanks

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App