Gingerbread Roms?

axxel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
Hi all, I'm new on Droid 4 roms...
I've read somewhere that on this phone it's not possible to change the kernel because of the locked bootloader, but... I've installed Safestrap and now I run a KitKat ROM. I was wondering: if this is possible, can I downgrade and install a GB ROM? I find GB a lot more smooth and it has all the features that I need, but I can't find any ROM based on it. Maybe with a locked BL it is possible to upgrade, but not downgrade? And if not, can someone link me a GB ROM? Thank you in advance

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Safestrap doesn't unlock your bootloader, it works around it. You still have a locked bootloader but you have the option of installing specific roms which developers have created. Not sure if there are any Gingerbread roms floating around for your phone but I tend to think not.

Good luck in your search! :)

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
In addition, GB lacks the security updates that the current OS has. I would stick with KK.

OP
A

axxel

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4
I'm asking because I come from an XPeria Pro (1 GHz single-core, 355 Mb RAM) and on Gingerbread and even ICS it ran more smooth that my "new" Droid 4. In this moment I'm on LiquidSmooth KK and I'm not completely satisfied of this phone performances. Can someone tell me a smooth and stable rom to use?