Gingerbread ROMs-What do we have so far?

ender4212

Reaction score
Last night I made the switch to the rooted gingerbread and also installed the ZapX Ginger 4.1 ROM. So far it's fine. I have no complaints. I'm curious as to what other gingerbread ROMs are out there, what the favorites are, and some of the differences. Thanks

JkdJedi

Reaction score
Liberty on the way.... ;-)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
E

ender4212

Reaction score
For those of you that have tried all of the GB ROMs, which do you prefer and why?

edit: Interested in Droid X ROMs only(since that's where this is posted)

Last edited:

javaman70

Reaction score
For my D1 I prefer Liquid's roms. Ran his lfy froyo roms all very smooth with great support. Now I am running his LGB 1.52 (Liquid Gingerbread) and very smooth and fast. Also great support as always.

Edit: sorry didn't catch that on mobile app
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:

timelord

Reaction score
For those of you that have tried all of the GB ROMs, which do you prefer and why?

edit: Interested in Droid X ROMs only(since that's where this is posted)

I've tried them all. I found that stock gb with bloat removed, I had even more free space than on the any gb roms. So I prefer the stock gb leak to any of the blur gb roms out so far.

phonetool

Reaction score
Last edited:

mwaters33

Reaction score
I like LexLite over Blurrybread but it's probably because of the built in ADW Launcher. Performance wise I have no complaints with either of the two. Haven't tried ZapX though.
Drew Garen tweeted last night that updates were on the way, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
any chance of ports of these gingy based roms being ported over to the droid2? anyone have any idea when liberty gingerbread will be out?

jriv21

Reaction score
tried all three and zapx was the only one I had issues with as my phone kept on rebooting when I tried to install any program. started completely fresh too by wiping data/cache.

I ended up going back to rooted (deodexed) and froze a bunch of bloatware and blur stuff w/ titanium back (highly recommended btw). undervolt w/ jrummy's droid overclock and I've got it running the best I ever have with any other rom and any other OS.