Gingerbread Rom

AngusW

Reaction score
Ok, with the phase out date fast approaching I've given up on the belief that the D2 will see Gingerbread. Has anyone been able to get a working update if I root my D2?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The droid 2 won't see a gingerbread Rom unless it gets released by MOTO first. One of the limitations of the phone.

tappin and a talkin

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
I think this is why the Android OS is going to start failing soon. They're not sending them out when they "release" them. Now with the iPhone being released on Verizon next month we'll start to see the number of Android phones start to go down. I know come November when I'm up for renewal I'm seriously leaning towards an iPhone.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Google releases them to manufacturers such as Motorola and HTC and its up to the manufacturers to decide when to release OTA

OP
A

AngusW

Reaction score
Google releases them to manufacturers such as Motorola and HTC and its up to the manufacturers to decide when to release OTA

Still, if it takes this long to get an update after it's released what's worth keeping the phone? Heck, I'm tempted to upgrade early and get a phone that's actually geared towards customer satisfaction. Yes, I'm a droid owner only because I couldn't get an iPhone on VZW. So all I can say is via la iPhone!

want a droid

Reaction score
If anything the Droid 2 is ahead of most others. Look at the Galaxy S Fascinate, it's still on 2.1. Look at the Droid X. It was 2.1 out of the box and didn't get its 2.2 update til a month or two after its initial release.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I originally got my Droid 1 for the same reason. But after I figured out rooting and what not, I couldn't be happier with Android. If I were to have an iPhone now, I would feel extremely limited. Whatever makes you happy is really all that matters though.