Gingerbread ROM - ZapX Ginger 4.1

gimlet72

Reaction score
I tied it and i think I did something wrong cuz it was rebooting every 30 seconds had to sfb back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

The same happened to me as well. I ended up rebooting in to recover mode (not bootstrap). I wiped everything it then let me boot in, install clockwork recovery then boot into recovery mode and install a new ROM

droidxethan

Reaction score
After my reboots I went into recovery and wiped data and now im fine now I can give this rom a try

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

motorhaith

Reaction score
i installed this rom! love the looks of it and the performance so far. (just installed last night!) but the one thing i was having a problem with is that when i go to set an alarm, and choose ringtones, using the android music system, the phone will reboot... anyone else get this too? BTW, ive already wiped n rebooted...

droidxethan

Reaction score
i installed this rom! love the looks of it and the performance so far. (just installed last night!) but the one thing i was having a problem with is that when i go to set an alarm, and choose ringtones, using the android music system, the phone will reboot... anyone else get this too? BTW, ive already wiped n rebooted...

try re flashing it without wiping

motorhaith

Reaction score

try re flashing it without wiping

just reflashed and it still does the same... whenever i choose android music system to choose a ringtone, it reboots... any other ideas?

motorhaith

Reaction score
yes always wipe when flashing a new rom

thanks. will post results when i get done!

ok cool let me no what u think of that rom i havent tried it yet

so i flashed the lexlite... i didnt give it a shot for a min... i tried to flash zapx again.... i wiped twice, and flashed again, and then wiped again... somehow its working... im not sure how that helped, but my phone is up and running for now... sorry i couldnt tell you too much about the other rom...

motorhaith

Reaction score
so another quick question... did anyone who has this rom notice that text message led notifications and missed call notifications dont work? My text message led will not work. Neither will my missed call. Anyone know of this or a fix for it? I really love this rom right now!

cnorm5623

Reaction score
Yea I had problems with LED too but i just downloaded "Light Flow" from the market and it works good.

other issues with ZapX Ginger 4.1
i have come across is that when charging and i turn my screen on or off it makes the notification sound. annoying when its the middle of the night and i just wanna check the time. and when i go into my app drawer and try to long press an app to put it on my home screen i press "add to home" and nothing happens. anyone else seen these problems?

luv2increase

Reaction score
so another quick question... did anyone who has this rom notice that text message led notifications and missed call notifications dont work? My text message led will not work. Neither will my missed call. Anyone know of this or a fix for it? I really love this rom right now!

All my notifications work. If you use handscent, they will not work. Im talking about the LED here.

Btw, it is much better than stock.