Gingerbread ROM - ZapX Ginger 4.1

Jordan8

Reaction score
Have any of you guys tried this gingerbread rom on the dx? Do you like it?

I have it downloading ATM.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

d3vilfish

Reaction score
Tried his supposed asop gb rom. Don't remember name but it was blur apps with a non blur launcher hiding them. My recommendation is rubix blurry gb. At least he is honest

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
By aosp he means the apps are built from source. Gingeraid is an aosp-like rom just like liberty or focused.

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
Have any of you guys tried this gingerbread rom on the dx? Do you like it?

I have it downloading ATM.

What's the verdict, any good?

I don't notice anything significant different about it & stock. Most of the blur from the appdroor is gone, you can do that with TB tho. It came with 2 apps, music mod & milestone overclock. It let me uninstall both of them.

Unless I get bad performance or battery life today, ill probably leave it installed until Apex or Liberty have a gb version.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
They're not visual tweaks in the rom. Its performance tweaks like sysctrl and zipaligning/optimizing apks

dg4892

Reaction score
I'm using the rom. Just installed it last night, and I have to say it is definitely a little quicker than stock. That is about it though, which is great as far as I'm concerned. I actually flashed it right over my previous GB rom so all my apps and widgets stayed and I had no problems what so ever. I'll be hitting the gym(use pandora while lifting over wifi) and work today so I won't be able to charge it too much, so I'll let everyone know what the battery life is like.

Reaction score
I tied it and i think I did something wrong cuz it was rebooting every 30 seconds had to sfb back.

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
I tied it and i think I did something wrong cuz it was rebooting every 30 seconds had to sfb back.

You gotta be on the deodexed gb. I didnt wipe data or anything.

kdkinc

Reaction score
I have been running the LexLite Gingeraid 3.5 with no issues.

Its very close to a blurless Rom quick and smooth. I started with a fresh SBF. Then used TBH's Ginger rooted Rom.

Being a fan of Fission this feels like home until Angdroid gets one together.
His home page also has a ton of info for Ginger and nonGinger.

DREWGAREN.com

Good Stuffdancedroiddancedroid

dg4892

Reaction score
So here's a picture of my battery stats. I used her rather moderately. Used Pandora for 2hours at the gym. Read pulse updates and texted quite a bit. 60% definitely isn't bad.

uploadfromtaptalk1301949541478.jpg

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
So here's a picture of my battery stats. I used her rather moderately. Used Pandora for 2hours at the gym. Read pulse updates and texted quite a bit. 60% definitely isn't bad.

View attachment 30625

Looks good, ill post mine as well later on tonight.

OP
Jordan8

Jordan8

Reaction score
This is with 3hours & 10mins screen on time. About 3hours of Pandora streaming... 2ish hours of 0-1 bars of signal... About an hour in voice calls... 200 texts or so... & Than just twitter & that kinda stuff for the rest of the screen on time ;p

Edit: I turned WiFi on at about 6. I also have the moto extended battery in my phone.
CAP201104042228.jpg